June 01, 2024, 11:59:17 PM

1,531,629 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Street Fighter V

Started by TooB, July 18, 2015, 11:15:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Commander Fuckass

Inb4 micro transactions that let you unlock all of the stuff like in MKX ifeelbetter;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

really cool. might actually get into SFV if i have a console for it

really annoyed of how fighting games release sequels to individual games with just minor content change. has always been confusing for me when i am looking to get into a fighter that has multiple renditions. also seems like a cheap way to get cash

hopefully this avoids that trend

TooB

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/19/all-of-street-fighter-v-39-s-post-launch-gameplay-related-content-will-be-earnable-in-game-for-free.aspx

so they're basically adopting the -free to play system.

you can earn fight money by playing the game, and use that to buy dlc, or you can purchase "zenny" with real money to get dlc

silvertone

fugk f2p games

f2p is worse than early access

Samus Aran

watch the money you can earn in-game to be ridiculously hard to earn, or take way more time than any sane person has

so that we have to just pay for most of the dlc anyway if we want it

strongbad

I still like it better than dlc lol
It's basically dlc that you have the option to grind for which is better than not having the option to begin with

TooB

Quote from: udderfailure on July 20, 2015, 07:26:24 AM
I still like it better than dlc lol
It's basically dlc that you have the option to grind for which is better than not having the option to begin with
exactly. Honestly it's a very smart move, and one I hope other devs take.
and if the game turns out to be, like the best SF ever, shoot, I'll take the grind option. It's also good practice.

The only problem I can foresee, is that the in-game money POSSIBLY can only be earned via multiplayer... likely ONLINE multiplayer, which means you're paying for PS Plus.

Kalahari Inkantation

remember when "free" unlockable game content didn't have to be advertised as a feature

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on July 20, 2015, 09:45:21 AM
remember when "free" unlockable game content didn't have to be advertised as a feature
remember when you could just pop in a game and play it, and not wait for 10 updates?

Snowy

I don't mind the updates tbh. If I have to wait a few minutes so that bugs can be patched I'm fine with that.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 20, 2015, 11:00:55 AM
I don't mind the updates tbh. If I have to wait a few minutes so that bugs can be patched I'm fine with that.
remember when bugs were a thing that were taken care of before release?

Snowy

Quote from: Jojo on July 20, 2015, 11:08:03 AM
no? there are loads of buggy and glitchy games out on the market lol

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on July 20, 2015, 11:21:10 AM
Quote from: Jojo on July 20, 2015, 11:08:03 AM
no? there are loads of buggy and glitchy games out on the market lol
yeah, thats why I said "remember when"

Go Up