May 10, 2024, 10:14:45 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls III

Started by TooB, June 09, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

so a couple days ago i finished the dlc. pretty cool. the main boss fight was actually really cool, if a bit frustrating for how long it is. second boss fight was pretty lame unfortunately.

the area of the dlc itself isn't bad but it's definitely not any better than some of the weaker areas of the main game tbh

decent dlc/10

Kalahari Inkantation

November 22, 2016, 05:21:57 PM #241 Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:28:01 PM by Tectron
guess who finally started playing this :3

i have to say that ds3's opening hours are far, far easier than ds2's

it took until curse-rotted greatwood before i died to any bosses

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 22, 2016, 05:21:57 PM

they are. They are

Kalahari Inkantation

anyway, so far i've killed iudex gundyr, vordt, greatwood (fuck; greatwood), crystal sage, stray demon, and most recently i've cleared the cathedral of the deep and killed the deacons (obligatory boring souls mob boss #839)

just before the cathedral, i'd done everything in the farron keep area except for actually challenge the boss, so that's my next task

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on November 22, 2016, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: Tectron on November 22, 2016, 05:21:57 PM

they are. They are

i think 3 might beat even dark souls 1 as the most forgiving souls game lol

but we'll see how difficulty ramps up as i progress

Samus Aran

i felt like it was the most forgiving pretty much throughout the whole game

famy

it easily was

also i played co-op way too much and overleveled and made it even easier

TooB

I still don't see 1 as very forgiving.

Only 2 & 3 really

famy

i dont really think it was either and if it was then fucking blighttown made me forget about it lol

Kalahari Inkantation

1's opening hours are very forgiving (discounting the capra demon) if only because the game simply does not penalize you for death, unlike any other souls game

2 does, and on top of that, the pursuer is probably the hardest early-game boss in any souls game, plus its early-game environments are generally more hazardous than 1's and especially 3's

what's surprising about 3 is that despite its death penalty, its opening hours are even more forgiving than 1's

Thyme

they brought back the death penalty? gonk;

p.s. i haven't played 2

famy

its not as bad as dark souls 2 where you get punished with each death lol just a single one for lack of humanity

i miss bonfire ascetic

Kalahari Inkantation

and dark souls 2 isn't nearly as punitive as demon's souls where you lose 50% of your max health right off the bat

rather your max health diminishes by a tiny increment with each successive death, ultimately down to 50%

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on November 22, 2016, 06:27:52 PM
I still don't see 1 as very forgiving.

Only 2 & 3 really

imo the difficulty disparity between 1 and 2 is negligible outside of boss arenas

there's no denying that 2's bosses are easier on average than 1's, but its environments and non-boss enemies are just as hazardous as ds1's are, if not more so

Go Up