April 27, 2024, 02:06:17 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls III

Started by TooB, June 09, 2015, 01:49:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

also, fuck; the giant enemy crabs, jesus christ

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on November 23, 2016, 09:03:35 PM
Quote from: Tectron on November 23, 2016, 12:55:41 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on November 23, 2016, 03:16:34 AM
i mean frankly they do so little damage and are so slow to attack you can just roll around or swing wildly and you should barely even be taking damage lol. and the active deacon always goes down with just a couple hits so idk how anyone even manages to allow the curse spell to happen

that fight is like pinwheel easy, just not as pinwheel fast

it's really phase 2 that i had more trouble with lol

it's just really easy to get distracted between clearing a path to the bodyguard-swarmed main deacon, and interrupting the curse fog spammers, and avoiding that giant blast of dark magic, etc., and it's such a protracted battle of attrition that i would frequently end up running out of estus before the main one was near dead

they're definitely harder than pinwheel >.<

Quote from: Snowy on November 23, 2016, 05:44:25 AM
what weapon/weapon type are you using?

deep battleaxe

it's about time i retired it

if you happened to get it as a drop from the darkwraiths in farron keep, i recommend the dark sword as a very good PVE weapon. as a balanced STR/DEX build, refined dark sword is very powerful and very easy to use PVE. its weapon ability sucks but i never use those lol

i actually did get one of those to drop

time to invest some titanite into it THE POWER OF GOD

[spoiler]

does anybody use weapon abilities lol befuddlement

i've been ignoring them the entire game so far[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

also irithyll is absolutely gorgeous wowzers

[spoiler]

and the creature guarding its entrance is actually harder than almost every boss i've encountered so far lol[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 27, 2016, 03:26:33 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on November 23, 2016, 09:03:35 PM
Quote from: Tectron on November 23, 2016, 12:55:41 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on November 23, 2016, 03:16:34 AM
i mean frankly they do so little damage and are so slow to attack you can just roll around or swing wildly and you should barely even be taking damage lol. and the active deacon always goes down with just a couple hits so idk how anyone even manages to allow the curse spell to happen

that fight is like pinwheel easy, just not as pinwheel fast

it's really phase 2 that i had more trouble with lol

it's just really easy to get distracted between clearing a path to the bodyguard-swarmed main deacon, and interrupting the curse fog spammers, and avoiding that giant blast of dark magic, etc., and it's such a protracted battle of attrition that i would frequently end up running out of estus before the main one was near dead

they're definitely harder than pinwheel >.<

Quote from: Snowy on November 23, 2016, 05:44:25 AM
what weapon/weapon type are you using?

deep battleaxe

it's about time i retired it

if you happened to get it as a drop from the darkwraiths in farron keep, i recommend the dark sword as a very good PVE weapon. as a balanced STR/DEX build, refined dark sword is very powerful and very easy to use PVE. its weapon ability sucks but i never use those lol

i actually did get one of those to drop

time to invest some titanite into it THE POWER OF GOD

[spoiler]

does anybody use weapon abilities lol befuddlement

i've been ignoring them the entire game so far[/spoiler]
yes, I love the weapon arts.

Kalahari Inkantation

oh great, i permanently missed out on a few items because i didn't summon great swamp cuckulus for the old demon king

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

killed pope sully (1 attempt)[/spoiler]

there are a lot of npc questlines to screw up in irithyll, huh

Samus Aran

i don't really get the joke you're making but i assume you mean you beat pontiff sulyvahn in one try?

he's considered one of the harder-ish bosses in dsiii, good job lol

[spoiler]he is very susceptible to "strafe around boss to the right and watch it miss every attack" syndrome tho[/spoiler]

TooB

pope sully.
pontiff = pope

sully = sullyvahn

Kalahari Inkantation

wasn't really a joke so much as a pet name lol

Quote from: Big Goop on November 29, 2016, 02:38:26 PM
pope sully.
pontiff = pope

sully = sullyvahn

and yes, one attempt, though i will admit he brought me down to my very last swig of estus and i was quite worried that i wouldn't survive the encounter until i inadvertently [glow=black,2,300]killed his clone[/glow] and then regained control of the battle from there lol

So far, nothing has come close to surpassing the Deacons in difficulty for me. goowan

TooB

Don't worry. They'll come.
I'll laugh so hard if the deacons are the hardest boss for you though, after beating the game.

Samus Aran

tbh dsiii was the first time i ever saw the word "pontiff" and i never bothered looking it up so lol

TooB

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on November 29, 2016, 03:15:34 PM
tbh dsiii was the first time i ever saw the word "pontiff" and i never bothered looking it up so lol
oh lol.

I didn't actually look it up, I just assumed from context.

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

don't worry i'm sure to get fuct up on some easy boss, again, inevitably

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on November 29, 2016, 03:45:18 PM
don't worry i'm sure to get fuct up on some easy boss, again, inevitably

the next boss you're about to fight killed me like six times despite the fact it's an easy-ish one for most people it seems like

Go Up