May 11, 2024, 03:39:28 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

C.Mongler

Daddy

Quote from: ƕɾο on February 27, 2017, 11:03:49 PM
Plus, Nintendo has always tried to come up with something fresh for their controllers. The NES had the D-Pad, the SNES had shoulder buttons, the N64 had the analog stick & rumble. Again, the GameCube is the only exception, and that was their biggest failure until the Wii U.
The GCN controller was also their best controller

YPrrrr

Quote from: Khadafi on February 28, 2017, 05:17:47 PM
Plus, Nintendo has always tried to come up with something fresh for their controllers. The NES had the D-Pad, the SNES had shoulder buttons, the N64 had the analog stick & rumble. Again, the GameCube is the only exception, and that was their biggest failure until the Wii U.
I was gonna say dis

6M69I69B9

man I'm not even excited for the switch even if it launches very soon

I may get it later on but only if it has a promising library, but most importantly smash.  If it's hackable, I'll get it, too.  Wii U and 3DS homebrew in this day and age, jesus fucking christ nintendo.  Not to mention Cemu emulating wii u games.  Not even the n64 has a reliable emulator.

And it's weird, like after getting into tr4sh I value games more for their replay value.  I've never been glued to one game for so long.  This is the longest I've ever played a game for and has never staled, not even pokemon had this effect on me.  I mean, well as long as a game has competition it won't ever stale to me.  

at the very least, playing smash 4 competitively has given it some value to me, and as a hulu box...but still disgruntled at how the wii u was so lackluster.  

I'm calling it now, Switch will surpass Wii U sales but will not surpass the Gamecube.  I remember reading /v/ screens on how people thought the Wii U was going to be the shit since it sold out, but in the end it crashed and burned.  I honestly do think the same will happen to the Switch.

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on February 27, 2017, 04:38:50 AM
Melee HD remake when
if melee hd is ever made, i hope lower tier chars are buffed and certain chars are fixed, and no more phantom hits.  but all the other jank can stay like wavedashing, multishine, ledge trump, l-cancels, etc.  most important thing is no input lag and online play, and i hope that it won't suffer port failure, like smash 64 (plays terrible on vc that nobody uses it for tourneys)

Quote from: bluaki on February 27, 2017, 08:45:36 AM
Quote from: the MIB the on January 24, 2017, 02:48:42 PM
honestly, my brother and i were just dying at the ice cube demonstration
It's a somewhat silly demonstration, but that's an effective way to describe the feature. Enhanced haptic feedback is a legitimately nice feature for plenty of situations.

Admittedly there are some games, like Smash, that wouldn't benefit at all from this feature, but you could say that about almost every other improvement in gaming hardware. Some games don't even benefit from joysticks or shoulder buttons and this is undeniably a much more minor feature than those.
yeah it did emphasize it effectively

but man after that presentation it was hard to take the whole thing seriously

Quote from: Snowy on February 28, 2017, 06:36:48 AM
I've had the most fun with Smash 4 but can see it's flaws. I'm glad I stopped playing it and went back to Melee.
i love melee and all but melee is entirely fucked with flaws, phantom hits, inconsistent hitboxes among the cast (ex: roy)

the only people who don't think it has flaws main top 6 chars and/or gargle smash eceleb trash

also who do you main.  i've got luigi and marth under my belt but i have not played in a very very long time.  also use falco on the side
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Quote from: ADX on February 28, 2017, 08:53:39 AM
i don't buy the argument that the smash games are uninspired. the formula just got boring. and the only way to make it interesting is to do something totally new and redo the whole system, which will make everyone mad.

brawl had a ton of heart put into it but sakurai ruined it with his anti-competitive play thinking. and smash 4 is just stale, but how do you fix that, there have been no new ideas in party fighters in ages.
it might help if they got more creative with their new fighters like 5 fighters are from fire emblem. Fire emblem games dont even reuse their characters often, they're usually one offs

rdl

lol ign gave the switch a 6.7

i can see ninty being like "lol we said it was a handheld, of course we're making a new console duh" in a few years

C.Mongler

i mean duh, the OS is the same half baked shit nintendo has launched their consoles with since the wii. does that mean it'll get better? who knows, history says probably not, but we're still like 6 months away from their premium "online" "experience", so they at least have to mold that portion in some shape or form. and then there's the whole left joycon issue which may or may not result in a mass recall of these damn things anyway (gib ambassador status pls nintendo), but it certainly seems possible unless there's somehow a software fix for it up their sleeves.

i'm not surprised in the least by the console scores being put out, nintendo gonna nintend

FAMY2

Quote from: YPargh on February 28, 2017, 05:19:02 PM
I was gonna say dis

I was too.

bluaki

Friend codes confirmed: http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-has-friend-codes-after-all/

it's 12 digits in a format like SW-0123-4567-8910

This is outright a step down from Wii U. Nintendo Accounts even seem to have unique usernames so it seems weird that they don't have you type those in instead.

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on March 02, 2017, 06:57:37 AM
Friend codes confirmed: http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-has-friend-codes-after-all/

it's 12 digits in a format like SW-0123-4567-8910

This is outright a step down from Wii U. Nintendo Accounts even seem to have unique usernames so it seems weird that they don't have you type those in instead.
gottverdammt

Hiro

Will probs get Fast RMX and Yooka-Laylee, perhaps RIME and Runner3 as well
There's some other good stuff there (Thumper, Stardew Valley) but I would probably rather have those on PC
Overcooked and Hollow Knight might be cool too

Hiro

hopefully nintendo changes that by fall but they probably won't
however you can also add friends via Miitomo, nearby, and recently played with, so it shouldn't be too rough.

Hiro

not gonna argue that, best controller in general

Hiro

Been planning on camping for the Switch for a long time now, and now I can't afford it through no real fault of my own cry;
I'm getting a huge tax refund but it hasn't been processed yet so I'll have to wait a few weeks and pray that it's not impossible to find in neon  >.<

Go Up