May 04, 2024, 04:34:32 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

Fire Emblem Echoes is definitely the biggest surprise of the day.

I guess this isn't the first Fire Emblem remake, but it's surprising to get one now and even moreso to get it exclusively on 3DS more than two months after Switch is out.

Celica will be in Smash Switch y/n

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on January 18, 2017, 03:50:23 PM
They did announce there will be an actual fire emblem coming to switch but that's 2018 so... yeah
yeah but..... as cool as fire emblem is, its not a system seller. Weird of me to say, since Dynasty Emblem was

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on January 18, 2017, 04:07:19 PM
Fire Emblem Echoes is definitely the biggest surprise of the day.

I guess this isn't the first Fire Emblem remake, but it's surprising to get one now and even moreso to get it exclusively on 3DS more than two months after Switch is out.

Celica will be in Smash Switch y/n
probably. Idk why we needed FE warriors when soon we'll have every FE character in Smash anyway! (Nintendo pls)
Quote from: Big Goop on January 18, 2017, 04:15:42 PM
Quote from: YPargh on January 18, 2017, 03:50:23 PM
They did announce there will be an actual fire emblem coming to switch but that's 2018 so... yeah
yeah but..... as cool as fire emblem is, its not a system seller. Weird of me to say, since Dynasty Emblem was
I agree with both of those n_u

I mean I want a switch for wii u port Zelda and Mario kart and street fighter 2 so no judgment girl;

TooB

I'm just a bigger fan of hack and slash games over srpgs, so....

It's why I love that Koei Tecmo is taking all these franchises to make into hack n slash games.

rdl

wonder if they'll do a port of skyward sword? now that they brought back motion controls. imo, criminally underrated game

TooB

Hiro

YPrrrr

TIL it won't launch with streaming services and they are only "under consideration" by Nintendo

I'm not usually one to get worked up about these things but jfc

bluaki

Wii U is so sorry it doesn't even deserve to have its thread bumped for the first time in two months: NoA confirmed that Breath of the Wild will be the last first-party Wii U game ever. It's been obvious for a long time, but they're finally admitting it now.

Quote from: YPargh on January 20, 2017, 08:47:39 AM
TIL it won't launch with streaming services and they are only "under consideration" by Nintendo

With previous consoles, it was pretty clear that Nintendo completely ignored the fact that people have smartphones and tablets. It's just one part of why Wii U's advertising was so off-the-mark.

With Switch, it seems Nintendo is taking the completely opposite approach: "You can do this with your smartphone? Then it's not a priority for us to support it on Switch."

NOA_Haunted

My fiance wanted to get me a Switch for my birthday, because it's in April. But, I thought about it and told her no, because [glow=black,2,300]no games.[/glow]

YPrrrr

Quote from: NOA_Haunted on January 21, 2017, 10:28:03 AM
My fiance wanted to get me a Switch for my birthday, because it's in April. But, I thought about it and told her no, because [glow=black,2,300]no games.[/glow]
Hey congrats on the fiance tho

C.Mongler

i knew it wouldnt launch with them, but wait, do you have a source on they're just under consideration? because that seems laughably short sighted considering there's a dedicated share button on the joy con lol

TooB

"Laughably short sighted"

*talking about Nintendo

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 22, 2017, 11:46:04 AM

i knew it wouldnt launch with them, but wait, do you have a source on they're just under consideration? because that seems laughably short sighted considering there's a dedicated share button on the joy con lol
"Nintendo told Kotaku that all of the company’s efforts were going toward making it an “amazing dedicated video game platform,” so streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube and Hulu will not be available upon release. The company added that support for video-streaming services “is being considered for a future update.”

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/20/14339596/nintendo-switch-netflix-streaming

C.Mongler

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh i misread that; they mean shit like streaming on twitch and youtube gaming. that makes sense. i originally read it as the ability to literally share/export video clips which made me go "uh you guys already made a button for it"

Go Up