May 04, 2024, 04:21:33 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

lol talked all this shit and then snagged an amazon preorder since they won't hold a charge and cancelling is easy as shit

will almost certainly cancel but we'll see how the pre-launch previews are

C.Mongler

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333664

trying not to dominate this thread but christ man; confirmed the ONE FREE NES OR SNES GAME you get with paying for nintendos premium online service that is a decade late to the party is only accessible FOR ONE FUCKING MONTH. when i first read this i was hoping it was just misworded (not that it would still be a good deal but i digress) and they meant to say you could only get it during the month time frame, akin to PS+ and Games With Gold, but nope, you literally only get it for a month.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkk nintendo like i feel like i'm in bizarro world right now

TooB

Because Nintendo doesn't know how to do online.
They've never really tried, and they won't use psn or xb live as a template because they have to "innovate."

The only thing they took was charging people for it.

YPrrrr

Well it's already sold out

I wonder how many of those people actually want to play it and how many are scalping scum lol

C.Mongler

i think the scalpers are going to be dissapointed lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 13, 2017, 12:38:20 PM
i think the scalpers are going to be dissapointed lol
I think you may be right rofl

The 300 price point was already somewhat disappointing to people, Christmas is forever away... people might just wait em out because who's paying 500 dollars for this

C.Mongler

yep. also there's a shitload of people like me who are holding on to preorders just in case Nintendo decides to bow and kiss our feet and apologize, but who are most likely going to drop their preorders a week out, so you'll probably be able to scope one of those as they become available lol

YPrrrr

This was probably the best chance to get me on a stupid impulse buy I might wait for the inevitable black Friday sale now  bassir;

strongbad

give me fzero on the switch and it is an insta buy for me. don't think ill get one otherwise at least for a while though

don't let's

They ever say what the yearly price for the online stuff was gonna be?

TooB

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on January 13, 2017, 09:44:06 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if they thought they could charge $60

C.Mongler

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on January 13, 2017, 09:44:06 PM
no, but they're charging you to use an app on your phone essentially soooo

rdl

i like the app idea, i could see sony stealing it. saves you from all the awkward typing plus no need for a headset. its cool. and you can manage your nintendo online presence on the go. its pretty cool.

bluaki

Yeah, I think having an app for the chat stuff makes sense if they make your phone communicate with Switch so that it can handle something like chatting with other players in your current game. You could just have a headset for your phone instead of having to connect a headset cable to your controller, which I could see turning into a mess with motion controls in particular.

that said I'll probably never use it

Quote from: YPargh on January 13, 2017, 12:33:43 PM
Well it's already sold out

I wonder how many of those people actually want to play it and how many are scalping scum lol
Amazon sold out right away (a few hours before sunrise on Friday morning), but a lot of retail stores have plenty of pre-order stock. I visited a GameStop after I left work for the day and they had plenty of pre-order slots available, although they were out of the one with neon controllers.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 13, 2017, 06:00:25 AM
where's tec, he rightly deserves to take a shit in my mouth

rofl

nintendo is retarDEAD

Go Up