May 04, 2024, 08:10:08 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

April 17, 2016, 11:19:50 AM #210 Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:34:36 AM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 17, 2016, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 16, 2016, 04:54:29 PM
looks like he was "verified by a mod" w/e that means
*doctors sources so i can have three 'people' say the same thing*
it still sounds like fodder for a clickbait article he could have posted for ad money
does anyone post on neogaf anymore

i've been waiting 4 months for my gaf approval so i can get the fuck outta here
why don't they just charge admission like somethingawful does
jesus
also they have a lot of cute gays on neogaf i guess
however, the offtopic discussion is a cesspool worse than reddit tho
also on gaming discussion on reddit:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

squirrelfriend

i already own a ps4:  that's why it's a negative for me
i think it's a positive for people who don't own a ps4 though.
by the time it's released, i guess we'll have the ps4k out that will outclass it.
the gamepad rumor doesn't negatively detract from my impression of the nx, but i just don't think it's any different from how the other consoles do off-tv play. it won't be a system seller.

but playing devil's advocate:
will it have 3rd party support finally? well the architecture would be current enough so very likely.

if it can undercut the ps4's price and finally put home consoles back in japanese living rooms, i think it could indeed succeed.

Classic

If Nintendo DOES match/surpass the PS4 in terms of power I may shed a small tear of happiness.

Hiro

felt did you even read those rumors, they claim it's about as powerful as the rumored ps4k specs, and the remote play would work on a handheld and anywhere (feel like that one might be bs though, how on earth would they accomplish that) not just on a PC or Vita with a local connection

squirrelfriend

April 18, 2016, 04:39:59 AM #215 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:15:26 AM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 17, 2016, 10:24:34 PM
felt did you even read those rumors, they claim it's about as powerful as the rumored ps4k specs, and the remote play would work on a handheld and anywhere (feel like that one might be bs though, how on earth would they accomplish that) not just on a PC or Vita with a local connection
i did and i think my point still stands. ppl won't buy if the price is set too high
i don't want to use a proprietary handheld for remote play because well cinderblocks don't make good controllers
also i can connect to my ps4 in norfolk from dc without any noticeable lag so again, how is that different from remote play

why can't it just cache the useful game files onto the handheld? i think that would be a useful improvement over remote play so if you have shaky internet it'll still work well. but that doesn't look like that's happening given that it has no processing capacity at all...

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 18, 2016, 04:39:59 AM
norfolk from dc without any noticeable lag

lol ok that's not remotely full of shit

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 18, 2016, 06:27:05 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 18, 2016, 04:39:59 AM
norfolk from dc without any noticeable lag

lol ok that's not remotely full of shit
it's not. you just don't know how to setup your router
I guarantee you'll have to set up QoS for NX remote play as well

C.Mongler

lol the fact that i need to 'know how to setup my router' for it to work at a baseline means that it's worthless for more than 50% of consumers out of the box

it needs like 30 down 15 up on both ends to be playable and even then it looks like hot garbage lol

i'm not going to 'setup my router' to play diablo at 20 fps at my girlfriend's house

C.Mongler

i say this like felt has any experience existing outside of his own comfort zone  n_u

squirrelfriend

April 18, 2016, 07:03:38 AM #220 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:17:02 AM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 18, 2016, 06:35:41 AM
i say this like felt has any experience existing outside of his own comfort zone  n_u
i do have an outside life y'know
also i get 30 fps at 720p with a 35/35 connection at home and a 15/5 connection at the hotel idk what to tell you
nx won't be any different
remember how shaky nintendo wi-fi connection was and nintendo kept saying CHECK YOUR ROUTER. It'll be p. much THAT all over again.
also locally, the ps4 works better than the wii u
you just need to turn on the ps4's direct connect if you are having problems

also like i don't see the utility of playing video games at a partner's house in the first place. like let's just watch netflix and chill. not me drooling in front of a video game

squirrelfriend

April 18, 2016, 07:29:20 AM #221 Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:10:03 AM by squirrelfriend
if remote play is the same as the ps4 and xbone though, i would not knock that against the nx btw
i just hope it has games i like. i'm not into the traditional nintendo system sellers like zelda and mario i'm VERY counterculture. give me animal crossing.
i just hope the handheld is ergonomically designed better than the vita or the current wii u gamepad, or that nintendo will release a dongle that will allow me to play via my laptop.

bluaki

April 27, 2016, 12:28:29 AM #222 Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:39:43 AM by bluaki
Announcement from tonight's shareholder meeting: NX is releasing in March 2017 worldwide. It won't be out in time for the holiday season.

[spoiler=full quote from Nintendo PDF]
Quote(2) Outlook for fiscal year ending March 31, 2017
For Nintendo 3DS, we will release Pokémon Sun/Pokémon Moon globally in winter of 2016 (holiday 2016 in the U.S. and late 2016 in Europe). These are the latest titles from the Pokémon series, which has sold 200 million units worldwide since the first title from the series released 20 years ago. We will also release a number of titles including Kirby: Planet Robobot and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Strongly anticipated titles from third-party publishers are also scheduled for release. With the release of these titles, we will re-energize the platform and aim to expand our reach globally to a broad audience, including female and younger consumer demographics.
For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX” with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.
As for amiibo, we will continue to expand the product lineup in order to maintain momentum. At the same time, we will aim to further expand sales by offering new gaming experiences with the use of amiibo. For our content download business, we will continue to offer appealing additional download content that enhance the characteristics of each game. We believe this will keep games actively played and maintain their popularity. Also, for our smart device business, following Miitomo, we will continuously release new apps in order to expand the revenue base as a business.
[/spoiler]

there's also data on sales numbers of hardware and games over the past year: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf

also:
QuoteNintendo: New Zelda release next year, for Wii U and NX.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on April 27, 2016, 12:28:29 AM
QuoteNintendo: New Zelda release next year, for Wii U and NX.

lmfao it's even worse than anyone could have expected

not only is the wii u losing its one and only zelda game (making it the only nintendo console without an exclusive zelda aside from the virtual boy), and not only was that game delayed for a full year the sole purpose of porting it onto a new machine, but now it's getting yet another delay into 2017 long after the wii u will have been otherwise dead and abandoned for the purpose of enticing idiots to buy the nx

even the year-long """delay""" of tp for the wii's launch wasn't quite this egregious

bluaki

NintendoAmerica's Twitter has these announcements too:

Quote from: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725224978984083456The new Legend of #Zelda will be the focus of #E3 2016. It will launch simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017

Quote from: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/725224236340629504More #Nintendo apps are coming to smart devices, including Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing!

Go Up