May 04, 2024, 08:39:17 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 24, 2016, 04:54:03 AM
Quote from: Tectron on March 23, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 23, 2016, 09:18:32 PM
here's a prediction report some guy came up with idk:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

>NX portable first in 2016

unless they release both a handheld and a console this year, nintendo is definitely launching a home console to succeed the wii u before anything replaces the 3ds

the 3ds is also dead in the water too, what AAA game is coming out for the damn thing lol
is bravely second AAA?

C.Mongler

yeah but thats like next month; pokemon is the only major future title i can think of per bluaki, and i'm more pessimistically excited about star fox than that (but i'm also not that into pokemon anymore so to each their own). there's also that kirby game too, but kirby games are never really like game-changing or anything

i'm just saying they both have really inauspicious release schedules; admittiedly the 3ds isnt AS BAD as the wii u but it's still not particularly exciting or promising. i mean i guess nintendo has been doing this weird announce things are coming like no more than 6 months prior thing as of late, but i'm not really getting the feeling there's plans to continue with the 3ds more than maybe another year based on how light the release calendar for the system is. it just seems like they're trying to bring the sellable shit over from japan and wrap up some on-going projects at this point and then time to MOVE ON TO THE NEXT

which is fine, the 3ds has had a great run i think

bluaki

I think Sun&Moon releasing for the 3DS, at least, implies there will be another pair of Pokémon games also on 3DS like a year or two later, since they are the beginning of a new Pokémon generation.

Nintendo's lately been super quiet about any plans beyond more than like 4 months in the future, so it's hard to really say nothing's coming when the fact is we wouldn't know if there was. Pretty much all the lineup we know about now from them is Kirby and "Metroid". That said, they don't have many recurring game series left that they haven't already fulfilled 3DS's game quota with. Plenty of Marios, two Kirbys, two Zeldas, two Zelda remakes, two Animal Crossings, a Smash Bros, two Fire Emblems, etc.

ME##

squirrelfriend

Quote from: bluaki on March 24, 2016, 09:55:10 AM
I think Sun&Moon releasing for the 3DS, at least, implies there will be another pair of Pokémon games also on 3DS like a year or two later, since they are the beginning of a new Pokémon generation.

Nintendo's lately been super quiet about any plans beyond more than like 4 months in the future, so it's hard to really say nothing's coming when the fact is we wouldn't know if there was. Pretty much all the lineup we know about now from them is Kirby and "Metroid". That said, they don't have many recurring game series left that they haven't already fulfilled 3DS's game quota with. Plenty of Marios, two Kirbys, two Zeldas, two Zelda remakes, two Animal Crossings, a Smash Bros, two Fire Emblems, etc.
i wish tokyo mirage sessions had been a 3ds title

Hiro

we need a new f-zero
also i still don't get how a metroid prime was never made for the wii u, using the gamepad for map, extra controls, and holding it up to the tv as the scanner would be perfect, though I guess with this controller the same would probably work nicely

TooB

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 24, 2016, 11:30:13 AM
we need a new f-zero
also i still don't get how a metroid prime was never made for the wii u, using the gamepad for map, extra controls, and holding it up to the tv as the scanner would be perfect, though I guess with this controller the same would probably work nicely
because that would have been a good idea.

and we all know nintendo is full of those nowadays

C.Mongler

strongbad

still p close to the patent though

honestly not a bad idea overall. kind of like the wii u pad but less ugly and tablety

Hiro

Yeah if that's fake the other one is far more likely to be fake as well

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on March 23, 2016, 08:21:12 PM
call me a delusional denialist but i don't believe for a second that those ugly things are anything but bad fakes designed by amateurs who have no understanding of design philosophy whatsoever and simply saw the patents and associated images and copied them nearly 1:1

that second """leak""" is just opportunistic mimicry

told ya happydood;

C.Mongler

heh he thinks i actually thought it was real and wasn't just stirring up trouble to get ya'll to post  :3

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 24, 2016, 04:54:03 AM
Quote from: Tectron on March 23, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 23, 2016, 09:18:32 PM
here's a prediction report some guy came up with idk:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

>NX portable first in 2016

unless they release both a handheld and a console this year, nintendo is definitely launching a home console to succeed the wii u before anything replaces the 3ds

the 3ds is also dead in the water too, what AAA game is coming out for the damn thing lol

this may be true, but whether the 3ds has anything noteworthy on the horizon or not:

nintendo's home console situation is much more urgent

Go Up