May 04, 2024, 08:30:52 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on November 20, 2015, 10:00:34 AM
i still maintain the 20gb was the nicest looking ps3, i also miss the obscene amount of VENTS the original consoles had /theonlypersonwhowillagreewtiththisopinionistec

god yes

and halving the number of usb ports halved the overall beauty of the fat ps3, too :'(

C.Mongler

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20151130PD203.html

if dis is true that probably means we'll get an NX reveal at e3 and then it will be released holidaze 2016. 10 mil+ units tho, that's a tad optimistic nintendy lol

don't let's

C.Mongler

Quote from: … on December 13, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
http://engadget.com/2015/12/13/nintendo-touchscreen-gamepad-patent/

Read 'em and weep

interesting  doodhuh;

if this is being used in a handheld application, i can see this being okay, but if this is used for their home console exclusively, i feel like it's too niche to catch on. people like buttons why cant we use buttons lol

bluaki

a Nintendo patent just means that this is an idea that Nintendo considered at some point

most of their patents never make it to any released device or game

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on December 14, 2015, 06:35:44 AM
a Nintendo patent just means that this is an idea that Nintendo considered at some point

most of their patents never make it to any released device or game

what are you talking about everyone uses 100% of their patents  appeasement;

C.Mongler

HOT HOT HOT RUMOURS FROM A SURVEY FROM A NINTENDO CLIENT

SUMMARY

• DONKEY KONG CONFIRMED

• ACHIEVMENTS?? (or do they count miiverse posts as achievements)

• DOESNT APPEAR TO BE A HYBRID CONSOLE/HANDHELD, BUT RATHER TWO SEPERATE THINGS?

• VIDEO fucking CALLS (we in the future fam)

• SWEET 900P GRAFIX, A WHOLE 60 FPS

• SENSOR BAR FUCKING INCLUDED FUCK YEAH

ME##

looks like linkle [and link] aren't going to be featured on the nx.  zelda u is saved

Kalahari Inkantation

or they'll be featured exclusively on the nx

zelda u was never meant to be

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on January 20, 2016, 02:37:04 PM
or they'll be featured exclusively on the nx

zelda u was never meant to be

lol this guy thinks nintendo's shareholders would let them just drop the game on the wii u

Kalahari Inkantation

nah i'm pretty sure it'll come to both just like tp exactly a decade ago

but i'm also sure nintendo will favor the nx version

bluaki

That's a very questionable source

As for categorizing the points they give...

It goes without saying:
* Mario/Zelda/DK/etc (every Nintendo console gets at least one game or spinoff for each)
* Nintendo Network
* Web browser
* HDMI cable
* Some games are 60fps

Everything else could be just speculation or repeating existing rumors.
* 4K Netflix support is pretty likely if they use a GPU that can support HDMI 2.0 (typical consoles can easily handle all the other requirements). I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 gets a hardware revision for 4K too.
* 900p/60fps sounds like maybe the numbers for one particular console game, which isn't especially great and worth advertising. There shouldn't be any doubt the console can support 1080/60 for at least a few games, like Wii U.
* 900p/60fps could also be display specs for the handheld, which seems a bit high to me but not unbelievable. I'd sooner expect 360, 480, 540 or 720p.
* I find Wii/WiiU backwards compatibility unlikely, considering PowerPC's fate and the likely move to x86
* Sensor bar can also simply mean it'll continue supporting Wiimotes as secondary/optional controllers, which is a reasonable guess to make
* NX is supposedly just the codename. I'd imagine a report with details like these should know its final name.

C.Mongler

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692755598497046528

if this is to be believed, i'd imagine that the nx is getting a smash GOTY edition at launch with all the DLC (or you would hope but it's nintendo so who fuckin knows). highly doubt it's an original smash

reeper

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 04:35:03 AM
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/692755598497046528

if this is to be believed, i'd imagine that the nx is getting a smash GOTY edition at launch with all the DLC (or you would hope but it's nintendo so who fuckin knows). highly doubt it's an original smash
Would be a smart move to do so and if true confirms no backwards compatibility for Wii U games.

C.Mongler

yeah wouldnt be bad. ESPECIALLY if the NX is where Nintendo FINALLY gets their shit together when it comes to online capabilities, it would be a great way to show case being able to play nintendo gaems with your friends

[spoiler]i'm gonna flip a fucking desk if there's another generation of friend codes[/spoiler]

Go Up