June 03, 2024, 08:52:52 PM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Hiro

even though this has a very good chance of being fake and i'm concerned about the lack of any buttons, I kinda like this. being so much smaller and having a capacitive touch screen would basically just make this a vastly better gamepad. looks much more comfortable to me too
the scrolling shoulder button thing just makes no sense to me though

Kalahari Inkantation

call me a delusional denialist but i don't believe for a second that those ugly things are anything but bad fakes designed by amateurs who have no understanding of design philosophy whatsoever and simply saw the patents and associated images and copied them nearly 1:1

that second """leak""" is just opportunistic mimicry

why would the same nintendo who has tirelessly defended the continued existence of its handheld consoles and so adamantly refused to port its games to """smart""" devices with countless statements like this:

Quote from: Iwata 2011Whenever we make a new game console, we’ve done it without throwing away buttons and the directional pad. The reason for that it’s better to have them, because buttons and directional pads benefit gameplay response.

http://gamerant.com/nintendo-wii-2-controller-buttons-case-81818/

and this:

Quote from: Tanabe 2014With games like Mario and Donkey Kong, the control input is such an important part of that; I think if you’re trying to replicate that feeling of control that you have traditional to those games, translating those to a smart device, that’s a just a really, really difficult task.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/nintendo-no-mobile/

and:

Quote from: Iwata 2015Smart devices have no physical buttons. Playing games such as 'Super Mario' cannot be enjoyed.

http://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/64826

etc., suddenly decide that touch screens alone, even elliptical ones at that, are perfectly sufficient, practicality be smeared in shit and absolutely damned

TooB

if this thing IS actually real, ninnytendoh is done before they even begin this new console

C.Mongler

i mean it has dual analog sticks still, which are in line with every one of those quotes lol

anyway BE BACK IN 3 MONTHS FOR THA REVEAL

Hiro

there's rumors they're working with that company that makes this so idk:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4eh-Cn3Pzk[/youtube]

Daddy

FWIW, I remember rumors of that same technology being used on a Nintendo console years ago.

I can't remember if it was back for the Wii or a DS successor.

Hiro

here's a prediction report some guy came up with idk:

C.Mongler

what if this weird controller thing is nx portable and the nx itself just uses gamecube controllers with the option to use the weirdo or some shit maybe thats the deal thatd be kind cool right

Hiro

This was posted by the source of the pictures:

Only the upper 'nubs' of the sticks move. The bottom part is static (kind of like the circle pad, but it moves along the bottom 'sphere'.
    The rollers on the top feel and look pretty much identical to a mouse scroll-wheel. Though I do don't believe this will be the final design.
    Haptic feedback is feels like Apples 'taptic' engine. Not like regular rumble.
    3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom

QuoteTo clarify, this is the controller unit for the console.

Dev-kit, so it's not the final design, obviously.

also people have managed to trace the source to a Swedish developer, most likely Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment, which is behind Tom Clancy's The Division

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 23, 2016, 09:08:25 PM
there's rumors they're working with that company that makes this so idk:

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4eh-Cn3Pzk[/youtube][/spoiler]

great, more interferences to further distort an image that's already at an insane resolution and has two gaping holes in it

also those patents reference microsoft and sony and countless other companies too

also also, have tactus touchscreens ever even left the lab yet lol

all they do is pump a layer of oil between the display and an outer membrane, it would be more akin to force touch than an adequate substitute for buttons

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 23, 2016, 09:18:32 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

>NX portable first in 2016

unless they release both a handheld and a console this year, nintendo is definitely launching a home console to succeed the wii u before anything replaces the 3ds

Mando Pandango

A lumpy touch controller would be RAD but that design still sucks

If you don't have a uniform button layout, you're just going to confuse players and drive away third party support (not that Nintendo cares about the latter)
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on March 23, 2016, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on March 23, 2016, 09:18:32 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

>NX portable first in 2016

unless they release both a handheld and a console this year, nintendo is definitely launching a home console to succeed the wii u before anything replaces the 3ds

the 3ds is also dead in the water too, what AAA game is coming out for the damn thing lol

bluaki

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 24, 2016, 04:54:03 AM
the 3ds is also dead in the water too, what AAA game is coming out for the damn thing lol
Pokémon Sun and Moon are releasing for 3DS near the end of this year. Pokémon is pretty much the biggest portable game series ever in terms of sales numbers.

but, of course, that says nothing about whether 3DS is out the door: Gamefreak has a history of releasing games on older platforms and being slow to move to new systems. Black&White just barely released before 3DS did and BW2 released like a year later, still on DS. Emerald released for GBA in most regions after the DS has already released.

Third parties like Capcom are still supporting 3DS with new games this year, too.

Go Up