May 06, 2024, 04:31:49 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

so i'm getting an iphone

Started by ME##, May 01, 2015, 03:20:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

help, i've done everything in life incorrectly

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

see you next year when you make the jump to android

ME##

snoorkel

ME##

May 14, 2015, 08:40:30 AM #5 Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 08:43:54 AM by David
Quote from: infinite luxury on May 14, 2015, 08:30:47 AM
did you get it yet
yeah

so far things that are nice
the proprietary usb connector is nice for its simplicity and relative secure fit
having a physical switch for silent mode is nice
the software whilst not as freedomtm loving as android, is polished and pretty much what i expected

the only things i don't like so far
lacking a physical back button is annoying especially coming from windows phone but oh well
i miss live tiles
it weirds me out that i can't set it to ask for touch id©/my passcode after a certain amount of minutes?? it's either on every fucking time or it's not.  piss poor from apple.  at least the former is quick and hasn't failed me yet.

things i haven't used because i don't trust apple
apple pay
icloud

PLEASEHELP1991

if you don't trust apple pay, you will not trust your bank
[spoiler]you shouldn't trust anyone[/spoiler]
I love [you]

ME##

Quote from: David on May 14, 2015, 08:40:30 AM
Quote from: infinite luxury on May 14, 2015, 08:30:47 AM
did you get it yet
yeah

so far things that are nice
the proprietary usb connector is nice for its simplicity and relative secure fit
having a physical switch for silent mode is nice
the software whilst not as freedomtm loving as android, is polished and pretty much what i expected

the only things i don't like so far
lacking a physical back button is annoying especially coming from windows phone but oh well
i miss live tiles
it weirds me out that i can't set it to ask for touch id©/my passcode after a certain amount of minutes?? it's either on every fucking time or it's not.  piss poor from apple.  at least the former is quick and hasn't failed me yet.

things i haven't used because i don't trust apple
apple pay
icloud
i still haven't quite gotten used to the unlocking every time i wake it up, usually in the mornings i still try to swipe up like windows phone lmao myface;

Kalahari Inkantation

Worship the holy apple.

The apple way, selling over expensive crap to stupid consumers that like to get robbed.

This has been a disastrous launch in every respect. The iwatch is such an ugly piece of crap, it is truly unbelievable how a company, formerly known for its remarkable design, dares to put out such a crap ton of shit. Some characteristics are glaringly obvious and inherent to it: over expensive, hardly innovative, limited functionality and usability (need of an iPhone to make it work), looks exactly like a toy watch and so on.

There are of course way better smart watches out there, especially from the likes of Samsung, Sony, Motorola, Asus, LG, simply put, there is no need for another piece of over expensive junk.

The iPhone 6 is technologically stuck in pre-2011 times, a base model with a capacity of 16GB without the possibility to use SD cards isn't even funny anymore. The screen resolution is horrendous, it isn't water proof, shock and dust resistant, it offers nothing innovative, just some incremental updates over its predecessor, both lacking severely behind their competitors at their respective launch dates.

Now the Iphone 6 Plus offers a „Retina HD“ screen, full 1920x1080p, oh wow, where have you been for the past 4 years apple, talk about trailing behind. That’s pathetic. The interesting thing about that is the fact that apple always manages to sell backwards oriented, outdated crap to its user base, all while pretending to be an innovative technology leader. The similarities regarding any form of sectarian cult are striking.

You gotta love how Apple always comes up with new marketing bullshit terms, aka "Retina HD", with the intention to manipulate its users while preventing easy comparisons with its competitors by withholding the actual specs. Apparently it’s
not enough to have a 1080p screen, you have to call it "Retina HD" to make those suckers buy it, otherwise someone could look at the 4K Amoled and Oled screens form LG and Samsung devices and get outright disappointed. Same goes for
everything else. Every outdated „feature“ needs to get its own marketing label to persuade buyers with crappy „experience“ and „usability“ ads, while covering the truth with marketing gibberish, knowing full well that only a fraction of aforementioned buyers cares to look at the facts and dares to compare them.

Car engines come to mind. For comparisons shake let’s look at a 1.0 liter, turbo charged petrol engine and a V8 compressor. What’s better should be obvious, but by calling the former an „ecobooster“, thus giving it a special marketing label, this joke becomes a „feature“, something positive that can be added tot the list of features of a car.

By doing so a negative aspect is transformed into a positive one, the reality is distorted, non tech savvy buyers are manipulated and comparisons are made more difficult (another layer of marketing bullshit to overcome), well done marketing department. You see , if something is seriously lacking (of course for profit, what else), don’t bother explaining, just give it a nice marketing term, distort reality, make it a feature and call it a day. Fuck that!!

FACT: Apple has been forced to copy Android in style and size for years because people abandoned their tired, moribund and fossilized devices for superior and innovative Android devices.

Steve Jobs said no one should want a 7" tablet until everyone went and bought Android devices forcing Apple to copycat with the iPad Mini. Apple didn't think anyone wanted a phone screen larger than a business card until they all bought Androids thus forcing the arrival this week of the iPhone Galaxy and iPhone Galaxy Note clone phones.

Swipe down notifications that don't interfere? Copied from Android and WebOS. Siri? Bought and ruined from a private developer; Google Now crushes it. 3rd-party keyboards? Welcome to 2010, iChumps! Widgets? Welcome to 2009 except you can't place them on your home screen. Live wallpapers and hidden icons? Maybe Apple will get around to copying those in iOS X in 2016. Who knows.

Apple lacks creativity and honest people acknowledge it. Steve Jobs gets credited as an innovator when all he was, was a huckster who'd spot someone else's tech, polish it up nicely, then slap a gnawed fruit logo on the back, charge a premium price and wait for the rubes like Jim Smith to hand over their cash like the good iSheep they are.

But after that initial iteration, Apple is incapable of actually innovating something new. They literally cannot make a product until someone else shows them how and they copy it. They are also unable refine things because they believe to improve is to admit something was imperfect the first time. (This is why QuickTime 4 had a legendarily terrible UI that was never changed through QT7 a decade later.) All they can do is make things incrementally thinner or faster but it's just minor refinements since they can't invest their way out of a wet paper bag.

For all their squealing about Retina displays, they never even had a HD display until now; 8th time is the charm, though you need the iPhone Galaxy Note to get the 1080p that many Android users have had for at least a year and is now considered bare-minimum spec. At the rate Apple drags along, QHD screens should arrive in 2018. Maybe. A graphic went around after the reveal comparing the iPhone Galaxy to the Nexus 4 from 2012. Exactly.

The Apple Iphone 1 and Ipad 1 might have been innovative at their time, but since then, the bitten apple has been continuously rotting from the inside outwards, always swarmed by millions of Iworms which regale themselves with its
rotten flesh, not forgetting all other Americans who support apple by means of their tax dollars to finance its bought US Treasury/Government bond interest rates.

Last but not least, every Apple product includes a direct hotlink to the NSA, free of charge, something that might make it a good value, after all.

Ceterum censeo Applem esse delendam.

Thyme

*rubes like david smith to hand over their cash like the good isheep they are

Go Up