January 23, 2020, 07:14:08 PM

1,541,104 Posts in 46,243 Topics by 1,229 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BOYAH GUTS THREAD: R8 'N' B8

Started by David, December 20, 2014, 10:24:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

I've only used my discdrive to install windows and reinstall FFXIV, honestly.
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2009, 12:50:30 PMlast night i bludgeoned a bull moose to death with my cock

Snowy

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I absolutely love RGB components in my computer case. RGB fans are a bit pricy for 140mm ones though. awdood;
Quote from: Samus Aran on November 05, 2009, 12:50:30 PMlast night i bludgeoned a bull moose to death with my cock

Magyarorszag

lol

it looks nice

but i'm not sure i could handle the distraction of colorful bright lights in a dark room

Snowy

I keep it under my desk because the corsair 760t is Xbox Big,,, so it just glows around the floor.

Magyarorszag

i keep mine on a small table so any illumination whatsoever is visible throughout the room in the dark lol

even the flashing of the hdd access indicator sometimes keeps me up when i need to leave it running overnight

Thyme

everything turns on so fast omg RUB IT

Magyarorszag

Aren't you glad you made the choice you did? giggle;

i need to upgrade to a larger ssd myself tbh

bluaki

I just saw an RX 560 4GB available to order on Amazon for $120, so I grabbed it. It's not actually in stock until Mon Jul 17 though. This is the Gigabyte one; Asus and Sapphire aren't available.

I'm still not sure whether getting a 570 instead would be worth it, but it's not in stock so whatever. I have almost a week left to cancel before it ships anyway in case I change my mind by then.

I saw a 570 in stock very briefly on Prime Day for like $230 (list price). I saw it too late to get a chance to even see whether it was eligible for any Prime discounts before it disappeared. I think $230 seems too high for that card, shouldn't it be more like $170? I think the 580 is probably worth about that much.

Snowy

So I figured out why my PC would just turn off randomly.

When I installed my watercooler, it wasn't seated correctly, I don't think. So I reinstalled it and applied better thermal paste. I also found out that because of the 20º C offset, it was tripping my mobo's thermal throttling measures.

It's finally fixed.

Magyarorszag

Quote from: bluaki on July 12, 2017, 08:50:45 PM
I just saw an RX 560 4GB available to order on Amazon for $120, so I grabbed it. It's not actually in stock until Mon Jul 17 though. This is the Gigabyte one; Asus and Sapphire aren't available.

I'm still not sure whether getting a 570 instead would be worth it, but it's not in stock so whatever. I have almost a week left to cancel before it ships anyway in case I change my mind by then.

I saw a 570 in stock very briefly on Prime Day for like $230 (list price). I saw it too late to get a chance to even see whether it was eligible for any Prime discounts before it disappeared. I think $230 seems too high for that card, shouldn't it be more like $170? I think the 580 is probably worth about that much.

all of amd's gpus are heinously overpriced at the moment because of the cryptocurrency meme

you're right about the 570 and 580, they're not really worth today's makret prices

how urgently do you need to upgrade, anyway

it might be worth considering waiting4vega,, to see if it shifts prices downwards across the industry

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Snowy on July 13, 2017, 10:42:42 AM
So I figured out why my PC would just turn off randomly.

When I installed my watercooler, it wasn't seated correctly, I don't think. So I reinstalled it and applied better thermal paste. I also found out that because of the 20º C offset, it was tripping my mobo's thermal throttling measures.

It's finally fixed.

when i first assembled my pc, i accidentally [glow=black,2,300]added a layer of thermal paste to my cpu, on which there was already a factory-applied layer of thermal paste[/glow]

amazingly enough, doubling up on the paste doesn't seem to have caused any cooling or performance issues lol 5thgrade;

Thyme

a few things almost went wrong during my build lol

i touched the thermal paste on the underside of my OEM processor fan with my thumb myface;
doesn't seem to have consequences just yet lol

a few pins on the AAFP socket (front panel audio connector) were bent so i had to unbend them with this one tool that looks like tweezers but bigger, it was horrifying myface;
it worked girl;

i had to move (and rotate) my HDD three times because the wires couldn't get to it lol

and in the end i had to purchase a windows license saddood;

Magyarorszag

the anxiety over damaging components is half the fun lol

Quote from: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on July 13, 2017, 07:46:45 PM
and in the end i had to purchase a windows license saddood;

But this is truly unfortunate. awdood;

Thyme

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 07:55:34 PM
the anxiety over damaging components is half the fun lol

I don't like it madood;

Go Up