May 05, 2024, 04:56:14 PM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

Yeah, that's exactly what Quest was...

A cheap answer to FF 7

rdl

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 22, 2017, 12:53:36 PM
i dont know why so many people have an odd fascination with this game like we do, it was just fucking bad lol
everyone gaming in that era has the same story. i think its bc there werent many n64 games, esp rpgs.

TooB

Quote from: ADX on May 22, 2017, 02:51:57 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on May 22, 2017, 12:53:36 PM
i dont know why so many people have an odd fascination with this game like we do, it was just fucking bad lol
everyone gaming in that era has the same story. i think its bc there werent many n64 games, esp rpgs.
Projared said this exact thing in his review of it

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on May 21, 2017, 09:05:19 PM
yeah this game is actually really mediocre. beyond the first few aha moments its really generic and there's no incentive to do anything.

its fun in a dumb way though, like all those old bargain bin games. quest 64, those gamecube bombermans, like most action games on the ps2, etc.

Even if you don't like this game that much, its production values and general development effort are a billion times more ambitious than those of those games you just mentioned. It's ludicrous to compare them.

Samus Aran

Also John I dunno if you remember this but I still have a handwritten letter you sent me when we were kids and you were talking about just getting Aidyn Chronicles and how it was pretty cool lol

Thyme

the more i see it, the more i think i might want to get this tbh

it just doesn't seem quite worth $480 trudeaucoins yet

rdl

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 22, 2017, 05:49:30 PM
yeah this game is actually really mediocre. beyond the first few aha moments its really generic and there's no incentive to do anything.

its fun in a dumb way though, like all those old bargain bin games. quest 64, those gamecube bombermans, like most action games on the ps2, etc.

Even if you don't like this game that much, its production values and general development effort are a billion times more ambitious than those of those games you just mentioned. It's ludicrous to compare them.
t r i g g e r e d

i mean every game today is a billion times more ambitious than games from 10+ years ago

botw is another generic blockbuster. yeah quest and bomberman arent blockbusters, but i couldve mentioned jak and daxter and other mediocre popular games but then people would get even more triggered. spyro etc though i love spyro.

botw feels like the b-list games of yesteryear. i still had fun with it, but it is far from being a great game.

TooB

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 22, 2017, 05:51:41 PM
Also John I dunno if you remember this but I still have a handwritten letter you sent me when we were kids and you were talking about just getting Aidyn Chronicles and how it was pretty cool lol
its an awesome game, what about it?

TooB

Quote from: ADX on May 22, 2017, 05:56:25 PM

t r i g g e r e d

i mean every game today is a billion times more ambitious than games from 10+ years ago

botw is another generic blockbuster. yeah quest and bomberman arent blockbusters, but i couldve mentioned jak and daxter and other mediocre popular games but then people would get even more triggered. spyro etc though i love spyro.

botw feels like the b-list games of yesteryear. i still had fun with it, but it is far from being a great game.
Jak and Daxter is awesome. Triggered

C.Mongler

lol you think skyward sword is a good game try again sweetie

rdl

i mean ive scrubbed the dragons part from my mind, the water dragon was horrible. the forest in general was pretty bad.

i liked it, there was a lot of newness in ss that i appreciated. i think zelda in general is done though. kind of like metroid except they actually had the heart to end that franchise.

Samus Aran

t r i g g e r e d

tbh if  you love spyro you have no excuse to call jak and daxter mediocre lol

i'd accept you calling both of them mediocre tho

silvertone

alright dumb nigger spyro is not mediocre spyro is masterpiece and number 1 game.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Snowy on May 22, 2017, 08:15:54 PM
is this just a shitposting thread now
clearly, but it's not even a good one like get in the pit

Samus Aran

then fucking open this pit up you shithead

Go Up