June 04, 2024, 06:59:39 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 16, 2017, 06:36:37 AM
i liked the dungeons conceptually, but i hated how they all had the same aesthetic and basically no soul

same

rdl

May 21, 2017, 07:08:50 PM #751 Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:10:21 PM by ADX
cool moment: i was hiking the gerudo plateau today and there's a spot where there's an arc of land and a bunch of moblins and goblins below it. so i jumped off, downward thrust directly into the moblin, sending his spear straight up into the air. i combo'd his knocked out body to get rid of his last bit of health, put my weapon away, jumped and grabbed the spear as it came down before it hit the ground and combo'd a goblin to death right as he was about to hit me with his club. then i turned around and saw another coming toward me and chucked the spear at him killing him instantly. there were like 3 and i killed them all in about 10 seconds.

was pretty badass

similar thing happened with these fuckface black lizalfos, they kept killing me so i just got lucky and killed both really quick in a mix of lucky side steps and quick comboing. the way to make this game fun is to never upgrade your armor and stay with like one line of hearts. and only cook radishes so that you can't incrementally heal up, it's like how red potions used to be where you had to save it for the right moment.

Samus Aran

speaking of radishes, those things fucking break the cooking system. the steady supply of "hearty" items means you can simply always have dishes that heal you fully plus give you extra hearts. so cooking anything else for healing purposes is pointless. you basically need nothing but hearty, stamina, attack, and defense dishes

rdl

yeah this game is actually really mediocre. beyond the first few aha moments its really generic and there's no incentive to do anything.

its fun in a dumb way though, like all those old bargain bin games. quest 64, those gamecube bombermans, like most action games on the ps2, etc.

YPrrrr

Quest 64 made me want to shoot myself. Only game I've never regretted getting rid of

TooB

Quest 64 was the best RPG on the N64

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Quote from: Big Goop on May 22, 2017, 10:10:15 AM
Quest 64 was the best RPG on the N64
Prettiest pig at the fair

TooB

Thyme

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on May 22, 2017, 12:25:59 PM
p... paper mario? :(
honestly yeah, that probably is the best rpg on there, at least that I can think of.

Never played ogre battle.

But what is the best non nintendo rpg? Is it ogre battle?

rdl

paper mario is legitimately a good game

none of the games i listed are actually good. but theyre still fun.

C.Mongler

wut, ogre battle 64 is arguably better than paper mario lol it's a great game

but literally the only RPG games on the n64 are paper mario, ogre battle, quest, and aidyn chronicles, with the latter two just being bad games lol

you could make arguments for some other being"rpgs" but those are really the only ones that meet non-stretch standards

rdl

i remember my brother asked my parents to buy quest but he couldnt make a good enough case to buy it so we ended up just renting it. and id just watch him play the games he rented so he would play it and the controls were garbage and there was lag i think and the graphics sucked and he got so mad lmao. he returned it before the week was up i think, i was disappointed.

but apparently it was hot garbage, i still want to play it though. something about the battle system sucking and the magic being retarded.

C.Mongler

i rented quest like 3 times back in the day. i was hearing great things about these new fangled RPGs with everyone having played FF VII so i was stoked that NINTENDO got its own killer ARPEEGEE. despite multiple rentals, i could never make it past the forest section. i just figured for the longest time the game was just too mature for me (i was like 7 years old) or maybe i just needed to put more time into it but in my heart i knew it was a great game. it was on my christmas list for like 3 years before i gave up and moved on to other games

10+ years later i bought the motherfucker out of curiosity. turns out the problem isnt me per se, its just a fucking baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad game. it's horribly inbalanced and requires an inane amount of grinding. i dont know why so many people have an odd fascination with this game like we do, it was just fucking bad lol

Go Up