May 20, 2024, 06:25:09 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

TooB

don't let's

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

June 15, 2016, 01:06:27 AM #123 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:16:59 AM by Tectron
(likely placeholder) box art:

Kalahari Inkantation

highres rendering of the logo:

silvertone

silvertone

i hope the world isn''t completely bare because the oddball characters is what makes zelda fun/memorable

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on November 14, 2015, 01:16:35 PM
i basically just want this game to take all the best elements of last gen's genre-defining rpgs (ie. dark souls and skyrim) and tie them together with the typical slew of zelda amenities (and minus the hardxxxre rpg stuff like stat allocation and skyrim-deep weapon upgradeability/customizability lol)

zelda itself hasn't been genre and industry-defining the way the aforementioned games have since the n64 era

and to my utter astonishment, this actually is very roughly what it looks like

it only took ten years, but it seems nintendo has finally acknowledged that zelda can't simply rest on its ancient laurels any longer and must take heed of the considerable advancements the have been made by competitors in its genre in the past two generations if it wishes to retain its industry prominence

i still see some potential red flags but overall my incautious pessimism about this game has graduated into apprehensive optimism

squirrelfriend

this game is the first zelda game i'd buy

strongbad

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on June 14, 2016, 09:59:42 AM
Quote from: Tectron on June 14, 2016, 09:35:46 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE[/youtube]
can't wait to see how boring and empty the world will be!

i thought the same thing
a world of nothingness besides a bunch of forced puzzles

why i can't enjoy zelda games ;-;

bluaki

June 15, 2016, 01:53:18 AM #131 Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:56:58 AM by bluaki
tbh the completionist/item-collector in me weeps at the idea of enormous open-world with limited inventory and everything being consumable/breakable

but that's just the norm in games like this

other than that there aren't really any striking red flags I see with this game yet, although they're holding out on revealing a lot of the stuff they could screw up

we don't know anything at all about story, NPCs, towns, quests, money, and countless other things, which really helps drive the impression that this is a big world full of nothing for now

Well, Nintendo has another 9+ months to go with basically nothing but this one game (and NX) on the horizon, so they're probably going to stretch out the announcements all year.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 08, 2016, 08:58:02 AM
HOT RUMORS INBOUND, APPARENTLY MORE DEFINITIVE PROOF BESIDES RANDOs TWEETIN' SOON

1. Full voice acting in this zelda, besides, well, Link

honestly quite disappointed that this doesn't appear to be the case

it seems like only characters of certain significance have any voice acting at all, and even then it might only be a few lines and not their entire script

squirrelfriend

they should bring back that text to speech fairy from skyward sword

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 27, 2016, 08:54:28 AM
it has blutooth to conenct to his sweet hip mounted HyrulePad

an uncannily prophetic post

Go Up