May 09, 2024, 12:45:45 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Current Video Game Deals Thread

Started by Thyme, September 19, 2014, 08:05:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

STEAM

Shadowgate - 75% off
Dyad - 85% off

¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

TooB

STEAM

King's Bounty Platinum Edition - 3.99

and for the next 40 hrs, Painkiller Hell and Damnation - 3.99

The artist formally known

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: David on January 26, 2015, 01:47:28 AM
Quote from: Tectron on January 26, 2015, 12:52:43 AM
if there's anyone on boyah still interested in this series, kingdom hearts 3 is available for preorder for $41 at target

http://www.target.com/p/kingdom-hearts-iii-playstation-4/-/A-14653148
AWESOME
did target cancel your preorder since it was in error
I love [you]

Kalahari Inkantation

metroid prime trilogy currently $10 on the wii u eshop until feb. 5

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

time to put an extra $50 down on an external hdd to make up for nintendo's bewildering lack of foresight

The artist formally known

Quote from: Tectron on January 29, 2015, 10:46:27 PM
time to put an extra $50 down on an external hdd to make up for nintendo's bewildering lack of foresight
its like their lack of foresight causes profit for them each and every time

someday we might have our eshop games linked to accounts and not consoles, but we'll have to purchase SMB again to do so

Thyme

Quote from: reefer on January 30, 2015, 06:16:22 AM
someday we might have our eshop games linked to accounts and not consoles, but we'll have to purchase SMB again to do so

oh wow, i was genuine assuming they were linked to accounts

smgdh:legend of the seven stars, nintendo awdood;

TooB

they wouldn't get a thing from forcing people to buy a hdd, unless people buy a wii u specific one and release it themselves, and then count on people to buy it.

I myself used an old hdd with a y cable to get around this.

I suppose nin was hoping that people WOULD find a nintendo external hdd and buy that.....

bluaki

Quote from: Thyme on January 30, 2015, 09:25:29 AM

oh wow, i was genuine assuming they were linked to accounts

smgdh:legend of the seven stars, nintendo awdood;
In a somewhat backwards way, they are kind of tied to accounts.

Your NNID account remembers what purchases you made with it. You can only log in to your NNID to at most one Wii U and one 3DS system.

You can't even easily disassociate an account from a system by yourself:
[spoiler]Customer Support can: (maybe, with no guarantees):
* Unlink a lost/stolen/broken system so that you can log into a replacement and restore just your NNID-tied game purchases, but no save data or Wii mode data
* Transfer a single NNID account from one Wii U to another, again probably keeping its purchases but no saves

System Transfer can:
* Transfer all account ties, purchases, save data, and (presumably but not documented) Wii mode data between two systems that you have fully functional in your home at the same time.

You can not:
* Connect one Wii U's external HDD to another Wii U and use it at all without reformatting. Even after a system transfer, you probably (I'm not sure) have to redownload all your games.
* Except during the middle of a system transfer process, connect one 3DS's SD card to another 3DS and use its games or (presumably) saves at all.
* Do a system transfer without internet connectivity
* Do a Wii U system transfer without two functional Wii U GamePads
* Transfer save data between systems at all outside system transfer
* Start a system transfer on a source system before you own the destination system, like if you want to trade-in at GameStop. GameStop has a workaround: you can retroactively apply a trade-in offer to your purchase if you return later within the same day.
* Buy a virtual console game that is available on both Wii U and 3DS (like some NES games) just once to play it on both systems
* Play a VC game you bought on Wii Shop Channel in Wii U Mode without buying it again (albeit at a discount)
* Keep your Wii save data for a VC game you repurchased for Wii U

You can:
* Use 3DS game carts with any 3DS system and keep the same save data, which is stored on the cart itself
* Use Wii U discs with any Wii U system
* Keep backups of some 3DS digital games, which can be restored on the same 3DS system that was used to make the backup. I'm not sure, but I seriously doubt those backups can be restored on other systems that happen to already have the same game installed.
* Keep your Wii save data for a Wii disc game that you repurchased digitally for Wii U; I believe I've read reports of this working, but I'm not completely sure

This isn't at all like Sony's pre-PS4 policies that let you log in to the same account on two systems, log out whenever you please, move your games with you to a friend's system whenever you want, play your PSOne Classics on both PS3/Vita, and keep backups of all save data that can even be stored in the cloud if you have PSN+. PS4's policies are actually a little closer to Nintendo's, but still better.[/spoiler]

Nintendo isn't yet profiting on that particular case of low foresight. They will if they either release an official external hard drive or if they release a new revision of Wii U with an internal HDD.

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up