April 27, 2024, 04:01:25 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: David on April 27, 2017, 05:14:52 PM
the only way to judge nintendo games accurately is if you didn't grow up playing them
b.s. I grew up playing them and still think they've long fucked up

Hiro

the only way to judge nintendo games accurately is if you didn't grow up playing them
the only way to judge anything accurately is if you have no knowledge of, experience with, or context for the thing being reviewed

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on April 27, 2017, 05:17:03 PM
b.s. I grew up playing them and still think they've long fucked up

agreed

ME##

Quote from: ƕɾο on April 27, 2017, 05:17:18 PM
the only way to judge anything accurately is if you have no knowledge of, experience with, or context for the thing being reviewed
truly the ideal world, i'm glad you agree

Kalahari Inkantation

QuoteGuest   08:32:46 AM   Viewing the topic nintendo fucking fails at life.

Fact. srsly

YPrrrr

which is why America makes such good world police  n_u

ME##

Quote from: YPargh on April 27, 2017, 05:43:16 PM
who would you rather have policing the world?  the russians?

YPrrrr

Quote from: David on April 27, 2017, 05:44:37 PM
Quote from: YPargh on April 27, 2017, 05:43:16 PM
who would you rather have policing the world?  the russians?
Probs Canada

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on April 27, 2017, 10:42:49 AM
Why can't we just skip to nudity and everyone gets over themselves  O_0

realtalk™ tho:

i am not morally opposed to nudity/lasciviousness/sexualized fanservice in video games when it's contextually appropriate

examples of games in which such content is contextually appropriate:

• mass effect

• the witcher

• the dead or alive series, even (it never pretends to be anything but pure fanservice), and other such cheap fanservicey fighting games

even if i personally still cringe and squint during a lewd scene in mass effect or witcher, or avoid a game like dead or alive like the plague, such content still has every right to exist if there is an audience willing to pay for it

my real issue with """quiet""" is that she is horribly inappropriate considering the overall context of the game

quiet is cheap trash """fanservice""" that pretends to be something more meaningful than that

she's an idiot dressed like stripper in the middle of a desert with a retarded """backstory""" to weakly justify her existence

Kalahari Inkantation

May 16, 2017, 10:50:06 PM #174 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:06:36 AM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 27, 2017, 06:17:24 AM
um this thread is for unpopular opinions, not widely accepted ones (outside of reddit of course, they don't count)

i'm just a little offended that kojima apparently seems to think i'm some low-functioning ape who buys even serious games exclusively with his dick

but the fact that """gamers""" everywhere seem to love quiet for some reason (she must be one of the most popular female characters of the 8th gen) must mean that, in general, kojima is correct: the average """gamer""" is a low-functioning masturbating ape

[spoiler]

the only other explanation is that ""gamers""" celebrate quiet en masse as some sort of a message against the omnipresent sjw boogeyman from a high-tier japanese dev, but that would be extremely ironic because quiet's actually not shy about about taking men down a nut notch or two in game

...i mean, this scene exists

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UEuQpj5MCs[/youtube]

lol[/spoiler]

TooB

I think we should just accept that Quiet isn't necessary, and neither is MGSV.

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean i still very much intend to play it one of these days because it's metal gear

but i will hate myself for doing so every time i'm reminded quiet exists

TooB

TooB

You know, after playing Zelda more, I hate to say it, but botw is en route to becoming my least favorite zelda title.

wawi

souls game are overrated and not as hard as the fanbase makes it out to be

Go Up