April 27, 2024, 01:00:18 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite movie(s)

Started by Josh, April 05, 2014, 10:06:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

I'm really not a big movie person. I have a best friend who is a movie buff, though. He'll go on for hours about movies. But I can only sit through a handful of movies.

My favorite movie is The Burbs with Tom Hanks. It's genius in my opinion, mainly because it takes place in a completely normal middle class, white collar neighborhood. I've seen it so many times but I never get bored of it. It's the reason Tom Hanks is my favorite actor. It's strikes such a good balance between subtly comedic and melodramatic, I can't help myself from being captivated by its charm. It's outright cheesy at times.

The first time I saw it was with my ex at a free movie theater run by the Library of Congress. But I've watched it over and over again since then and every time it's been a blast. I really connected with it.

So, what's your favorite movie? A few other notables of mine are The Matrix, Wreck it Ralph, and Forrest Gump.

Samus Aran

i'm not really a huge movie person either

my favorite film ever (or favorite two, technically) is Kill Bill

other big favorites of mine include Pulp Fiction, Fargo, American Beauty, City of God, Rear Window, the original Star Wars trilogy, Godfather 1 and 2, House (Hausu), Dr. Strangelove, Evil Dead II, and Battle Royale

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on April 05, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

other big favorites of mine include Pulp Fiction, Fargo, American Beauty, City of God, Rear Window, the original Star Wars trilogy, Godfather 1 and 2, House (Hausu), Dr. Strangelove, Evil Dead II, and Battle Royale
battle royale was so bad that i couldn't watch more than 30 minutes of it.

pulp fiction, fargo, american beauty, empire strikes back, the godfather, dr strangelove, and evil dead are all great though

haven't seen the others

anyways i think goodfellas is a better movie than the godfather trilogy. i couldn't watch each godfather movie in one day due to the pacing but goodfellas was an easy one sitting

a clockwork orange is great

videodrome is extremely good

the big lebowski is neato

blade runner is a movie that i thought was slow and boring when i first watched it but after having watched it a second time i don't know how i ever saw it that way

the elephant man is one of the bests that i've recently watched

ikiru is good

american psycho is one of my favorite comedies

also barry lyndon is one of the best movies i've ever seen

but all in all, i've got to say that my absolute favorite ever is adam sandler's jack and jill. you just can't beat the classics

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

fucking american psycho. i tried to get into it but i read the book first and the book is 10x better imo (also some sick shit in the book that the movie never touched on)

I've always liked Lost in Translation. Sometimes I get in a sad bastard mode and that's my go-to movie when that happens. I also enjoyed The Life Aquatic. Beavis and Butthead Do America is a Timeless Classic. Probably my favorite comedy. Stop Making Sense is probably my favorite because even tho its a concert movie there is some character progression from David Byrne from beginning to end that like involves kind of letting things go. also there is some cool ass effects used.

There is this movie by Wim Wenders called Wings of Desire that I watched some years ago and really enjoyed, though idk if i still enjoy it. Alot of the movies I called my favorite at one point or another I have not seen in several years.

piano moths

Persona, El Topo, Dreams

i like movies but dont watch them so much unless somebody gets me to watch one w them. I like all kinds of movies.
kill them w kindness

Himu

Lost in Translation
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
American Beauty
Lost and Delirious

hocuspocus;

TooB

Back to the Future, Its a mad, mad, mad, mad world, pulp fiction, kill bill, who framed roger rabbit, the evil deads, and edgar wrights movies

YPrrrr

Who framed roger rabbit terrified me as a kid

TooB

Quote from: YPR Classic on April 07, 2014, 11:33:11 AM
Who framed roger rabbit terrified me as a kid
did it? Judge doom was pretty scary...

6M69I69B9

happiness
the crow
hesher
american beauty
set it off (1996)
kill bill 1 & 2
frakenhooker
mean girls
the room
carrie
pet semetary
jack frost (snomonton)
terror firmer

forgetting some

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

silvertone

snoorkel

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 05, 2014, 10:52:51 PM
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on April 05, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

battle royale was so bad that i couldn't watch more than 30 minutes of it.

no come on that's a great movie.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
i agree about goodfellas though

I like Lost in Translation
I like Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Match Point too lol

the matrix
a scanner darkly
Delicatessen (jean-pierre jeunet)
trainspotting
jurassic park
oldboy
ichi the kiler