Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

and today in hilarious gen4 game news

http://www.geek.com/games/stephen-elop-wanted-to-sell-the-xbox-division-now-hes-going-to-run-it-1585798/

[spoiler=lol]

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_ElopDuring the 3 years Elop was Nokia CEO, Nokia revenues fell 40%, Nokia profits fell 95%, Nokia market share collapsed in smartphones from 34% to 3.4%, Nokia's credit rating went from A to junk, Nokia's share price dropped 60% in value and Nokia's market capitalization lost 13 Billion dollars in value.

The Financial Times calculated that Nokia shareholders ended up paying Elop a bonus of 1 million Euros for every 1.5 billion in market capital that Elop was able to destroy while Nokia CEO.
[/spoiler]

ME##

maybe it's a good thing playstation is the 'only' thing sony still has going lol

Classic

I'm honestly curious.

If Wii U games can be 1080p and 60 FPS, why can't Xbone games?

Kalahari Inkantation

February 25, 2014, 06:00:26 PM #1056 Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:06:30 PM by A Fatass Penguin Named Tec
because there is much more to game fidelity than resolution and framerate

the the the the ps2 could probably run tetris at 1080p 60fps because it's an incredibly simplistic game by any technical measure and the the the the ps2 could devote pretty much all its resources to running it at a high resolution and framerate

other things to consider include texture resolution, size of the the the the game world, draw distance, physics, ai, etc., aspects of game fidelity that generally aren't emphasized in nintendo's comparatively simplistic games

the the the the wii u currently has more games running at 1080p and 60fps than even the the the the ps4, but if you were to compare any of the the the the wii u's 1080p 60fps games with any of the the the the ps4 or xbox one's 900p games, you'll find that while the the the the resolution and framerate might be lower, the the the the games themselves are much more technically advanced than new super mario bros. or wind waker have to be in countless other ways, and as a result the the the the ps4 and xbox one sometimes can't afford to devote significant resources to any particular resolution or framerate

Classic

I'll just keep enjoying Super Mario 3D World, then.  n_u

[spoiler]I honestly thought Microsoft thought they could get away with it.[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

not that it isn't absolutely pathetic that the ps4 and xbox one can't consistently hit 1080p 60fps in 2014, but it doesn't say anything about their power relative to the wii u

Classic

It's a much weaker system, but that was the insult I was trying to get across.  n_u

ME##

Classic

I've watched my cousin use his PS4 by the way. Rather lovely system.

bluaki

Quote from: David on February 25, 2014, 06:15:52 PM
gen 6 will be the the gen of 4k at 30 fps
that's optimistic

we'll be lucky to get a reliable 30 fps by then

Thyme

ME##

Go Up