Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on December 01, 2013, 11:41:23 AM
The only reason that I'm switching to the PS4 from the Xbox 360 is because Sony & PlayStation treat their customers very well, unlike Microsoft's money whoring attitude with the Xbox 360. I paid $60 per year for XBL, I received nothing in return but those BA$+@RDS HAD THE NERVES TO PUT F@#$ING ADVERTISEMENTS ON MY F@#$ING DASHBOARD!!! once my XBL runs out my 360 will become a useless brick because everything good is behind a damn pay wall!!!
aren't there text advertisements on the ps4's menu like on the ps3's?   

also lol everything good on the ps4 is also now behind a paywall

don't let's

Quote from: David on December 01, 2013, 01:30:24 PM
aren't there text advertisements on the ps4's menu like on the ps3's?   

I just see comments like that one and yeah, I get it, wanting no advertisements. But when I see them it makes me realize how much people have been kind of brainwashed a little bit into thinking "oh I pay for a sub so that means no ads" When all that business is just people tricking you into a subscription so they can get more money out of you with just a promise of "we'll take ads away" and then have the user be like, "oh yeah I'm really getting something here."

But yeah, subscriptions don't automatically mean no ads.

Quote from: David on December 01, 2013, 01:30:24 PM
And I wonder if this is also a big part of why Sony was pushing for this holiday release so they could finally jump in on that cash cow.

ME##

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on December 01, 2013, 01:42:14 PM
I just see comments like that one and yeah, I get it, wanting no advertisements. But when I see them it makes me realize how much people have been kind of brainwashed a little bit into thinking "oh I pay for a sub so that means no ads" When all that business is just people tricking you into a subscription so they can get more money out of you with just a promise of "we'll take ads away" and then have the user be like, "oh yeah I'm really getting something here."

But yeah, subscriptions don't automatically mean no ads.
And I wonder if this is also a big part of why Sony was pushing for this holiday release so they could finally jump in on that cash cow.
very true.  if there's ads before the paywall's introduction, they'll probably still be there after.

and that could very well be the case.

don't let's

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239550

The Future! ...is releasing expansion packs for old games

[spoiler]This does kind of excite me [/spoiler]

Samus Aran

it is worth noting that microsoft is very obnoxious about how they present their ads though. n_u

although, the older 360 dashboards weren't like that at all. it's pretty disheartening looking at the steady decline of user-content on the dashboard and the correlating steady increase of adspace lol

ME##

the first major update to the new start screen on the xbone will be the addition of ads when you're installing disc based games

don't let's

Quote from: #rektron on December 02, 2013, 08:11:26 PM
http://gamingbolt.com/former-sony-uk-dev-on-knack-outselling-mario-releasing-it-the-same-day-as-ps4-in-ukeu-wasnt-wise

now that has to hurt
QuoteYou're kidding yourself if you think 'Zelda HD' is coming out anytime soon. Mid/late 2015 would be a reasonable estimate.

But I thought Zelda HD just came out recently  confuseddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

not nearly at full price, but i'd at least get tlou[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: Alexithymia on December 07, 2013, 05:31:41 PM
[spoiler]would you actually buy those games a second time[/spoiler]
not at full price, no

but i bought sotc a second time and am probably going to buy the 'hd' versions of some other games when i can

Thyme

Snowy

Quote from: Alexithymia on December 07, 2013, 05:31:41 PM
[spoiler]would you actually buy those games a second time[/spoiler]
if they offered some kind of upgrade for TLoU like they do for CoD and BF I'd do that.

Go Up