Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

also, this is the only footage of any next-gen content that i have genuinely found impressive yet:

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/news/2013-11-04_new-hq-footage.html

direct link to download here

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on November 08, 2013, 06:36:21 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5080750/xbox-one-day-one-patch-required-to-play-games

Oh boy I can't wait to buy a box

well, it's not like the ps4 isn't pretty much exactly as bad:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/ps4-day-one-patch-detailed-by-sony

without the patch, the disc drive (among a number of other features) is disabled, thus rendering disc-based gaming impossible

ME##

i wonder why these items were unable to be enabled with the units that are being sold at launch.  it really does cause the mind to boggle.  you'd think 'disc drive and game play should be priority number one with the base firmware' befuddlement

don't let's

These people really shouldn't have released consoles this year

Kalahari Inkantation

That's been Boyah's official position for years.  Alas, no one ever listens to us. :(

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on November 08, 2013, 08:42:07 PM
i wonder why these items were unable to be enabled with the units that are being sold at launch.  it really does cause the mind to boggle.  you'd think 'disc drive and game play should be priority number one with the base firmware' befuddlement

seriously

i can only imagine that it was an intentional decision designed to give sony more direct control over whether or not the consumer updates soon after launch

bluaki

Quote from: David on November 08, 2013, 08:42:07 PM
I don't doubt the reasoning is something like "We know we won't have a fully-working and fully-tested OS by the time we start manufacturing these systems, so let's rely on updates to give us more time to work on it. We can just require customers to update the system after its launch by shipping an OS that can't do anything else but update."

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on November 08, 2013, 09:02:22 PM
I don't doubt the reasoning is something like "We know we won't have a fully-working and fully-tested OS by the time we start manufacturing these systems, so let's rely on updates to give us more time to work on it. We can just require customers to update the system after its launch by shipping an OS that can't do anything else but update."
i guess.  but it just seems cruel to people who don't have internet access at home.  myface;
Quote from: #rektron on November 08, 2013, 08:52:16 PM
seriously

i can only imagine that it was an intentional decision designed to give sony more direct control over whether or not the consumer updates soon after launch
ugh seriously >.<

bluaki

Quote from: David on November 08, 2013, 09:36:23 PM
i guess.  but it just seems cruel to people who don't have internet access at home.  myface;
I don't think that's the target demographic for 8th gen systems in general

Both PS4 and Xbox One really expect everybody to have some sort of internet access, although they at least respect that for some people the internet access might be down occasionally.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: #rektron on November 08, 2013, 08:29:08 PM
lol, way to completely undermine the utility of something being advertised as one of the ps4's biggest new features
well you can share videos from twitch.tv to youtube
you can't just do it directly
I love [you]

don't let's

Though I'm still half expecting sony to be setting themselves up  for a fall with theirs when they actually get a lot of people trying to do it.

ME##

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on November 10, 2013, 12:02:42 PM
Though I'm still half expecting sony to be setting themselves up  for a fall with theirs when they actually get a lot of people trying to do it.
oh yeah.  i guess it's a matter of setting too high of expectations.  i'm not sure how onlive/gaykay played on 'average' north american internet connections when they were niche products still, i'd imagine not all that well or surely the products would have been more popular beffudlement

Go Up