Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

don't let's

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on August 30, 2013, 01:36:42 PM
since the normal deluxe actually is getting a price drop now, i'm not sure if i even want the zelda one

reason? i want a physical copy of zelda ww hd if a copy at all, i don't care about hyrule historia (isn't this also a digital copy btw?)
I also have doubts for similar reasons

To me, the comparison is:
Pros:
Assuming I'm getting both games eventually, it's cheaper by (at most, only until Wind Waker is cheaper) $20~30
In the (unlikely) chance that someone else's GamePad is ever in the same room as mine for any reason, the Zelda markings distinguish it.

Cons:
I'd rather have a physical copy of every Wii U game I get
The console effectively has less storage space because of Wind Waker's install
For controllers, I prefer simple solid colors

I can more easily justify digital content on a handheld system like 3DS because that makes it more portable to not need to transport cards. I suppose my problems with digital content aren't exactly inherent to digital content in general, but with the implementation: no temporarily sharing games, can't trust Nintendo to keep my purchases without a real account system, and small storage drive (with external drives fully locked to the console, can't be partitioned or otherwise shared with a PC).

At least it's rumored that Nintendo might fix the accounts issue, but I doubt they'll ever deal with those other two.

Hiro

Yeah I think the main reason I'd get the Wind Waker bundle is because I'd like a black Wii U to distinguish it from my Wii
plus a free game is nice even though I'd prefer a physical copy

bluaki

Quote from: Snack Dad on August 30, 2013, 06:09:33 PM
Yeah I think the main reason I'd get the Wind Waker bundle is because I'd like a black Wii U to distinguish it from my Wii
plus a free game is nice even though I'd prefer a physical copy
With Basic being dead now, black is the only option left for Wii U

The only choices are either physical NintendoLand or digital Wind Waker (and digital hyrule historia), with the console itself being exactly the same in both bundles and the only other difference being the GamePad's pattern.

Either way, you get a solid black console, a black GamePad, 32GB drive size, and a "free" game.

Hiro

I thought we just discussed that there's still remaining Basic stock and unless I'm mistaken it's even cheaper, right?
Also don't the Nintendoland and Wind Waker bundles cost the same

bluaki

Quote from: Snack Dad on August 30, 2013, 10:08:20 PM
unless I'm mistaken it's even cheaper, right?
No. At least, Nintendo claims* it isn't. Early this year, a few retailers have already put Wii U Basic on sales for below its $300 MSRP, so it's probably not unlikely.

Actually, from what I've read, Nintendo seems being quite vague about its Wii U Basic plans. They might even be recalling the stock and converting them.

* It's probably worth noting here that, only about two weeks ago, Iwata outright said that Wii U's price isn't the problem.

Quote from: Snack Dad on August 30, 2013, 10:08:20 PM
Also don't the Nintendoland and Wind Waker bundles cost the same
Yes.

Which makes not offering physical media for Wind Waker less justifiable awdood;

Classic

So, just curious.

With the price drop and a choice of Wind Waker or Nintendo Land, does any Boyager plan to buy a Wii U anytime soon?

silvertone

ME##

bluaki

Quote from: CLASSIC on September 01, 2013, 11:50:58 AM
So, just curious.

With the price drop and a choice of Wind Waker or Nintendo Land, does any Boyager plan to buy a Wii U anytime soon?
I've said it several times in this thread that I do.

Actually I just now returned home from preordering one.

I was actually planning on buying one a couple weeks ago, but decided to wait a while for something like this to happen.

Classic

Thyme

honestly in my case if they started putting gamecube games on the vc i'd be all over that shit especially now that i've been watching arin play mario sunshine goowan

ME##

Samus Aran

Quote from: CLASSIC on September 01, 2013, 11:50:58 AM
So, just curious.

possibly

i just don't know anymore which bundle i'd want though lol

Go Up