Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

agreed, i still think the ps4 is sony's least attractive launch console to date :(

Classic

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on July 27, 2013, 11:05:17 AM
agreed, i still think the ps4 is sony's least attractive launch console to date :(
nothing will ever come come close to opening up the spider-man font ps3 again, probably cry;

Kalahari Inkantation

agreed :(

also, http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/report-ps4-reserves-3-5gb-of-ram-for-the-os/

if true, i can't imagine what about their os could possibly require that much ram, especially considering that even the xbox one does significantly more with (slightly) less

plus at one point the ps4 was to have a mere 4gb of ram and it was decided that wasn't enough, but this brings it almost right back down to 4 for games huhdoodame;

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on July 27, 2013, 11:56:58 AM
agreed :(

also, http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/26/report-ps4-reserves-3-5gb-of-ram-for-the-os/

if true, i can't imagine what about their os could possibly require that much ram, especially considering that even the xbox one does significantly more with (slightly) less

plus at one point the ps4 was to have a mere 4gb of ram and it was decided that wasn't enough, but this brings it almost right back down to 4 for games huhdoodame;
i read somewhere else that there's another 1gb of ram that games can access if need be, but i'm not sure where i saw that lol

anyway, most games don't even use more than 4gb of ram on pc, so having 4.5 on more optimised console games should be more than enough, hopefully lol >.<

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah, according to the rumour they can have access to up to 5.5gb in special cases

and while it should hopefully still be enough for most purposes, i still don't understand what caused the os to balloon so much in size between then and now, especially considering what it does in comparison to the xbox one's not one, but three (well maybe more like 2.5) separate operating systems

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on July 27, 2013, 01:17:12 PM
yeah, according to the rumour they can have access to up to 5.5gb in special cases

and while it should hopefully still be enough for most purposes, i still don't understand what caused the os to balloon so much in size between then and now, especially considering what it does in comparison to the xbox one's not one, but three (well maybe more like 2.5) separate operating systems
my guess is sony wants really smooth multitasking when you're in the os but have a game in the background.  currently the xmb can cause the ps3 to chug insanely lol >.<

Hiro

Quote from: David on July 27, 2013, 10:51:48 AM
The launch PS3 is prettier cry;
Quote from: #rektron on July 27, 2013, 11:05:17 AM
what is wrong with you guys, the launch ps3 is like their second ugliest system, ps3 superslim being the ugliest

Kalahari Inkantation

i honestly believe the launch ps3 is the most physically attractive console of all time

Thyme

Quote from: David on July 27, 2013, 01:26:42 PM
my guess is sony wants really smooth multitasking when you're in the os but have a game in the background.  currently the xmb can cause the ps3 to chug insanely lol >.<

not to mention the store ifeelbetter;

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on July 27, 2013, 02:03:42 PM
not to mention the store ifeelbetter;
the store is an abomination in its current incarnation indeed smithicide;
Quote from: Snack Dad on July 27, 2013, 01:53:40 PM
what is wrong with you guys, the launch ps3 is like their second ugliest system, ps3 superslim being the ugliest
its curves, its layered little stand and the spider-man font combine to make the most seductive electronic known to man

don't let's

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/26/4561614/self-publishing-coming-to-xbox-360-this-august-says-developer

Seems like they're starting to address all their criticisms. I guess they figured they hit the end if their stride with their current implementations.

ME##

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on July 27, 2013, 04:21:17 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/26/4561614/self-publishing-coming-to-xbox-360-this-august-says-developer

Seems like they're starting to address all their criticisms. I guess they figured they hit the end if their stride with their current implementations.
microsoft still has to show these things in action.  as far as i'm concerned the ps4 seems to be the only console that's actually ready to launch this year

Classic

God knows the Wii U wasn't ready. :'(

Go Up