Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

also,

Quote from: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardwareBandwidth is at a premium in the Xbox One owing to the slower DDR3 memory employed in the console, which does not compare favourably to the 8GB unified pool of GDDR5 in the PlayStation 4. The 32MB of "embedded static RAM" within the Xbox One processor aims to make up the difference, and was previously thought to sustain a peak theoretical throughput of 102GB/s - useful, but still some way behind the 176GB/s found in PlayStation 4's RAM set-up. Now that close-to-final silicon is available, Microsoft has revised its own figures upwards significantly, telling developers that 192GB/s is now theoretically possible.

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on July 03, 2013, 01:23:18 AM
also,

Will developers have to work as much programming wizardry to achieve this theoretical speed as they did to Unlock the Cell processor, I wonder sillydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on July 03, 2013, 01:37:40 AM
Will developers have to work as much programming wizardry to achieve this theoretical speed as they did to Unlock the Cell processor, I wonder sillydood;

it will apparently be more difficult to program for than the ps4 is because programmers will have to decide which lines of code require which type of memory instead of having an all-in-one (lol irony) system (which is why sony decided against a similar setup for the ps4), but the 360 too was also set up in a similar way to the xbox one and most developers didn't seem to complain about it (or, at the very least, it must be much easier to deal with than the ps3 is)

bluaki

Quote from: #rektron on July 03, 2013, 01:15:16 AM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/02/microsoft-no-xbox-one-in-japan-this-year-tier-2-country-asks-journalist-not-to-report-negatively/

whatever will japan do without the xbox one
I can't wait to see, after xbox one launches in Japan, just how much more poorly it sells than 360 did.

With 360, Japan actually produces some Xbox-only games, a practice which I'd expect to be drastically reduced if not destroyed thanks to Microsoft seemingly intentionally giving PS4 a significant headstart in both launch date and retail price. I also wouldn't be surprised if the price gap between the two systems ends up even larger in Japan than in the US.

Snowy

Xbox One is launching dead [spoiler]all hail Virtual Boy 2.0[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: #rektron on July 03, 2013, 01:15:16 AM
microsoft-no-xbox-one-in-japan
because of the "in japan" part, i initially read the "no" as the one used in the japanese language sillydood;

ME##

Thyme

i might as well post that on loodthing RUB IT

Go Up