Official unofficial Gen 4 hype thread: First Full-HD™ port announced

Started by ME##, June 02, 2013, 12:06:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who do you predict will have the best E3 showing this year?

EA
Microsoft
Nintendo
Sony
Ubisoft
Ouya
Other
Whoever wins, we all lose.
APPLE
Go Down

ME##

wow, apparently the ps4 is even lighter than the ps3 slim at 2.8kg.  huhdoodame; huhdoodame; [to put that in perspective most of the ps3s boyagers own are about 6kg].

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on June 12, 2013, 02:04:21 PM
ps1 is moe
ps2 is really masculine
ps3 is some sort of flying machine
ps4 is the future

original ps1 is not moe, psone is though (the ps1 slim essentially)

anyway i'm not a huge fan of the ps4's look either but i don't think it's ugly or anything, just not as nice as previous playstations

i think it looks more interesting than the rather dull xbox one though

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kaz on June 12, 2013, 02:59:09 PM
original ps1 is not moe, psone is though (the ps1 slim essentially)

anyway i'm not a huge fan of the ps4's look either but i don't think it's ugly or anything, just not as nice as previous playstations

i think it looks more interesting than the rather dull xbox one though

i actually think the xbox one might be the better looking console, even though its design is really boring too

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

I like how Microsoft is outright giving up on getting any Japanese market share giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/11/4421314/electronic-arts-talks-drm-and-used-games
The narrative I've heard is that EA lobbied hard to have the hardware companies come up with a solution so you guys are not faffing around with online passes and you're not losing potential used game profits to retailers.

Moore: "Absolutely incorrect. As the guy who is the chief operating officer of Electronic Arts I can tell you that EA did not aggressively lobby for the platform holders to put some gating function in there to allow or disallow used games. I am on record as being a proponent of used games. I like the ecosystem. I like the fact that it's kept pricing at a good level for eight years. I like the fact that someone can buy a physical game and see some equity in that game. That keeps GameStop vibrant and they are a great launch and marketing partner for us.

"EA has never had a conversation, and I have been present at all of them, with all of the manufacturers, saying you must put a system in place that allows us to take a piece of the action or even stop it. Absolutely incorrect."

bluaki

June 12, 2013, 04:55:15 PM #279 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:02:37 PM by bluaki
Quote from: #rektron on June 12, 2013, 04:28:19 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

nice
Of course, this doesn't actually confirm anything.

Considering that Xbox One features region lock and has other region-specific features (like payments, languages), there's no way Xbox Support would recommend importing the console to any of its customers. Even if the user is in a country which would be in the same region ID and uses the same Euro currency, the support team is probably not allowed to recommend importing at all; the disclaimer might even exist for unresolved legal reasons and the marketing and retail distribution groups need to have reliable data on a console's popularity in each country which gets skewed by imports. The same would apply to other companies like Nintendo, but Xbox is the only One that actually gives the users this big of a reason to import.

Considering how anti-consumer Microsoft is getting with Xbox One design, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they GeoIP every user. If they don't, importing will probably work just as well (or rather just as badly) as it currently does with 360.

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

Quote from: #rektron on June 12, 2013, 05:16:38 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Is that the same Red Pikmin plush Miyamoto had earlier? giggle;

[spoiler]they seriously need to sell these :([/spoiler]

Go Up