April 25, 2024, 05:54:02 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

rest in piss reader

Started by [hedy]Zidone, March 16, 2013, 02:16:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

[hedy]Zidone

March 16, 2013, 02:16:58 AM Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:20:00 AM by [hedy]Zidone
Disclaimer: I never actually used it, or any RSS aggregator before this week

How do you feel about Boogle discontinuing something that people actually liked and used?

and are there truly great alternatives? I've been trying out netvibes since I feel like RSS aggregation is superior than my current methods of consuming worthless Internet shit

it seems alright but hella slow, but then again I don't have a standard of comparison. I may also try feedly since people say it's going to be the most like reader

don't let's

How I'll miss you :(

And yeah, I've been hearing feedly mentioned ever since

ncba93ivyase

I used jewgle reader for about 2 years to get video game news.

Then more and more game news sites started turning to shit and I stopped caring about basically all major releases and so I stopped using reader as a consequence.

so i would've been pissed but i'm not

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

fuckin' a i just started using google reader like 3 weeks ago

that is stupid

bluaki

the only thing I use google reader for is webcomics
I also use RSS for torrent feeds, but I handle that with scripts to autodownload them instead of using something manual like reader

I'll probably switch to some local RSS application once Reader is dead

strongbad

Quote from: bluaki on March 16, 2013, 08:59:04 PM
the only thing I use google reader for is webcomics
I also use RSS for torrent feeds, but I handle that with scripts to autodownload them instead of using something manual like reader

I'll probably switch to some local RSS application once Reader is dead

that's a good idea for torrents. do you have it automatically download certain artists when they release new material? i'd be really interested in a mini-guide on how to do that if that is what you do.

do you know any good local rss apps?

Mando Pandango

Never heard of it. What did it do?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on March 17, 2013, 05:25:15 PM
Never heard of it. What did it do?

it was a pretty solid web-based rss reader

Hiro

I've always use Netvibes and will continue to do so

snoorkel

i use the rss feed screensaver for os x

bluaki

I wonder why Schemer still exists

On a mostly unrelated note, today Google released a new service and Android app: Keep, which is basically a notes service that also supports voice memos with automatic transcription.

Quote from: Comfortdog on March 20, 2013, 03:52:52 AM
i use the rss feed screensaver for os x
Aren't screensavers supposed to run when you're away from the computer? How could one that lists things you might want to open possibly be useful?

I haven't even seen people use screensavers (outside of a simple blank screen) for years

silvertone

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: bluaki on March 21, 2013, 01:13:35 AM

I haven't even seen people use screensavers (outside of a simple blank screen) for years
because they have become redundant with the abundance of lcd screens
I love [you]

don't let's

I just realized, getting scroogled :(

snoorkel

Quote from: bluaki on March 21, 2013, 01:13:35 AM
Aren't screensavers supposed to run when you're away from the computer? How could one that lists things you might want to open possibly be useful?

n_u

Go Up