May 04, 2024, 11:52:25 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My Situation

Started by NOA_Haunted, November 22, 2012, 09:23:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

So, for awhile now, I've been trying to get into anime. I don't know why. Maybe because I liked it so much as a kid? In the past year I'll turn on a show on Netflix that I think will be good. Watch a few episodes and turn it off.

But last night I turned off all distractions. Turned on a show that I've been meaning to watch for some time now. I got absorb. I laughed at a lot in a good way. The show kept me very entertained. So much that I watched the whole first Season (in their terms Part 1) in one sitting.

That show was 'Soul Eater.' I cannot wait to have some more free time to continue the show.

But, my question is if any of you have Netflix streaming what would you recommend to me?

ME##

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

baccano! is good. thats really the only anime i watched on Netflix

Nyerp

if you like soul eater, you'll probably like the original fullmetal alchemist series. (i'd recommend fma: brotherhood but they knocked it down to 13 episodes on there what the fuck)

also, samurai champloo is great, watch that.

idk how the dub is for darker than black but it's pretty enjoyable and has cool action and superpowers and stuff.

uhhhh what the fuck why did they change so much since the last time i looked at this

watch flcl, definitely

gankutsuou is pretty great but i'm not sure you're ~ready for it~

ugh it seems they replaced a lot of the good shows with terrible ones

Quote from: N o t S i d on November 22, 2012, 10:53:22 AM
baccano! is good. thats really the only anime i watched on Netflix

it's not on their streaming service anymore and i'm pretty sure it hasn't been for months and months

Samus Aran

They got rid of Baccano? Fuck them.

Nyerp's list is good, though. I mean if you like Soul Eater, you can automatically expect to like the "better shounens," and FMA is basically the one to watch.

I don't really know what all is on Netflix's anime list though.

NOA_Haunted

I'll have to check those out. But, I want to finish soul eater first.

I have seen flcl, samurai shampoo, and some full metal alchemist.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on November 22, 2012, 11:28:26 AM
idk how the dub is for darker than black but it's pretty enjoyable and has cool action and superpowers and stuff.

i would say its dub is tolerable

i wouldn't say it's particularly good but it's not cringeworthy either

NOA_Haunted

I just finished Soul Eater. In the middle of the 3rd part I realized that this show really diverges from what I thought was going to happen.

Nyerp

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Fuck on November 25, 2012, 05:04:35 PM
how so?
It starts out as them hunting a tainted soul and almost completing the 'Death Scythe' training. Then, they lose all their souls and have to start all over again. But, the show never really goes on that similar story arch again.. They never really touch on trying to become a "Death Scythe" again.

I really enjoyed the show. Just thought it was funny how it changed so much from what I thought.

Go Up