May 09, 2024, 09:21:03 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

I bought the Melvins' first album about a week ago maybe? I fucking love the Melvins. They put every other metal-ish band to shame.

I also borrowed the new Green Day from my dad but I haven't listened to it yet so I'm not sure if it's any good.

Borrowed some black metal from my brother. Good stuff.

I found the Beatles' Rubber Soul lying around the house for some reason. I have no idea who bought it but I put it on my computer because I don't have enough Beatles. Haven't listened to it yet.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lain on November 27, 2009, 03:09:29 PM
Flaming Lips - Embryonic
Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Mew - Frengers
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind
Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Built to Spill - Keep it Like a Secret
The Who - Tommy
Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Got all these today for my birthday. baddood;
I hope you enjoy mgmt although I'm almost certain you'll find them too poppy saddood;

Geno

Quote from: Houdini on November 27, 2009, 03:42:10 PM

I also borrowed the new Green Day from my dad but I haven't listened to it yet so I'm not sure if it's any good.
If you liked American idiot you'll like it
If you didn't like American Idiot chances are you won't like it.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Houdini

Quote from: GENOP on November 27, 2009, 04:34:26 PM
I'll probably lose cool points for saying this, but yeah I liked American Idiot.

Geno

Quote from: Houdini on November 27, 2009, 04:51:39 PM
I'll probably lose cool points for saying this, but yeah I liked American Idiot.
It was good before I heard every song on the album 10 times a day due to it being everywhere.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on November 27, 2009, 04:21:24 PM
I hope you enjoy mgmt although I'm almost certain you'll find them too poppy saddood;

i already really loved Kids and Electric Feel before getting the album, i doubt i'll hate the rest of it

LCK

Quote from: Lain on November 27, 2009, 03:09:29 PM

Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

that just seems like an album you would've gotten a long time ago

Wrench

Quote from: GENOP on November 27, 2009, 04:34:26 PM

They are completely different doodthing;
The only thing they have in similar is the story/opera/whatever. It's not as clear in 21CB though.

21CB is a great album in my opinion. It contains several different sounds since they are experimenting in this album. It has the sort-of Jesus Of Suburbia/Homecoming songs "21st Century Breakdown" and "American Eulogy", the traditional Green Day sound "Know Your Enemy" (repetitive though) "Murder City" and "East Jesus Nowhere" , some softer songs like "Last Night on Earth" "Restless Heart Syndrome" "See the Light" "21 Guns" and "Last of the American Girls", some songs that mix softer with common Green Day "Before the Lobotomy" and "!Viva la Gloria!", a heavy song "Horseshoes and Handgrenades", a song that recreates the beat from an earlier album "?Viva la Gloria?" and some interesting songs like "Christian's Inferno" "The Static Age" and "Peacemaker"

Song of the Century doesn't count, really isn't a song

burzumfan420

Travis

the shortest route to the sea

A bunch of Final Fantasy live tracks, to get ready for tomorrow.

Quote from: Cookie on November 27, 2009, 02:16:50 PM
The moon- The Microphones

Yes.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Nate

Cookie

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 28, 2009, 06:53:04 AM
A bunch of Final Fantasy live tracks, to get ready for tomorrow.

Yes.

Oh yay I'm not the only one. I just got Wind's Poem on vinyl.  giggle;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Trevor on November 28, 2009, 01:02:25 AM
that just seems like an album you would've gotten a long time ago

i know, especially since i've had Siamese Dream for a long time now and i've listened to it so much that it's become easily one of my favorite albums the 90s ever churned out

i had a few tracks from Melon Collie already but not the full album, i'm actually listening to the whole thing starting as soon as i press play in just a sec

Houdini

Quote from: Cookie on November 28, 2009, 09:18:52 AM
Oh yay I'm not the only one. I just got Wind's Poem on vinyl.  giggle;
Tell me how it is. I heard about that album but I haven't checked it out yet.

Go Up