May 03, 2024, 08:45:05 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on September 21, 2009, 06:16:19 PM
No surprises - Radiohead

Holy crap i finally found a song of theirs I like

No Surprises is one of the best songs on OK Computer, definitely. If you like it that much, try "Let Down" as well. They go together very well.

the shortest route to the sea

"Mount Erie" - The Microphones

[spoiler]I put this on my headphones, turned all the lights off and touched myself while floating between consciousness and unconsciousness for half an hour. It was a wonderful time.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kefka on September 21, 2009, 07:45:58 PM
"Empire State of Mind"-Jay-z

Not to be confused with "New York State of Mind" - Nas

No surprises - Radiohead

Start with the bends, listen to it a lot, and then shift outward slowly. Bridge into it using OK comupter, revel in Kid A see the future with In Rainbows. If you're daring, take side trips into Hail to the Theif and Amnesiac and Thom's solo stuff. This is how I'd recommend a skeptic approach radiohead.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Commander Fuckass

Wrench

Quote from: Kefka on September 21, 2009, 08:04:30 PM
"You Belong To Me"-Taylor Swift omg lol ;_;

I actually like her :|
[spoiler]on an unrelated note, she is attractive[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

YPrrrr

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 21, 2009, 07:58:45 PM

Start with the bends, listen to it a lot, and then shift outward slowly. Bridge into it using OK comupter, revel in Kid A see the future with In Rainbows. If you're daring, take side trips into Hail to the Theif and Amnesiac and Thom's solo stuff. This is how I'd recommend a skeptic approach radiohead.
I wouldn't really say I'm a skeptic because I've listened to a good portion of their albums to try to get into them. In Rainbows was actually my least favorite of anything I heard from them.
Quote from: Kaz on September 21, 2009, 07:58:05 PM
No Surprises is one of the best songs on OK Computer, definitely. If you like it that much, try "Let Down" as well. They go together very well.
Ok, I'll try that girl;

Samus Aran

In Rainbows was my least favorite of their "late" albums (alternative vs. alternative/prog) when I first heard it, but it's grown on me marvelously. I think of it as Radiohead's way of taking the best of OK Computer and Kid A, wrapping it together and getting rid of everything that's unnecessary. It's a much more minimalist approach, I think, but it works beautifully.

In Rainbows is currently tied with Kid A as my favorite Radiohead album.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Kaz on September 21, 2009, 08:30:56 PM
In Rainbows was my least favorite of their "late" albums (alternative vs. alternative/prog) when I first heard it, but it's grown on me marvelously. I think of it as Radiohead's way of taking the best of OK Computer and Kid A, wrapping it together and getting rid of everything that's unnecessary. It's a much more minimalist approach, I think, but it works beautifully.

In Rainbows is currently tied with Kid A as my favorite Radiohead album.

Every radiohead album is different to the point that I don't like to compare them. In my mind, they're good to the point that they don't write bad albums (Ry Cooder is another artist who does this), but they write albums that are different kinds of good.

If you have the time, look through Houdini's post tracker and see what he has to say about radiohead. It's enlightening.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

No surprises - Radiohead

it's a good song, but kinda dull

Quote from: Kaz on September 21, 2009, 07:58:05 PM
They do go together well, but my favorite songs on OK Computer are Subterranean Homesick Alien, Karma Police, and Paranoid Android.

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 21, 2009, 07:58:45 PM
Definitely this

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 21, 2009, 08:33:07 PM
Every radiohead album is different to the point that I don't like to compare them. In my mind, they're good to the point that they don't write bad albums, but they write albums that are different kinds of good.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Commander Fuckass

Andria

Eww Taylor Swift

Waves That Never Break-The Like

Commander Fuckass

Omg lol guilty pleasure ;_;

Anyway:
"Come Alive"-Foo Fighters

Andria