May 08, 2024, 12:50:46 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 11:42:26 AM
No, I said that all I have is "Sex on Fire" and I really like it. I did say that seeing them live doesn't interest me a whole lot yet since I've only heard that song, though.

oh nononono nevermind, i got confused with my friend irl, HE said they don't really interest him much. Sorry Kaz

Coincidentally I inadvertently changed his opinion on them yesterday though, he loves them now

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on January 31, 2009, 11:46:32 AM
oh nononono nevermind, i got confused with my friend irl, HE said they don't really interest him much. Sorry Kaz

Coincidentally I inadvertently changed his opinion on them yesterday though, he loves them now

Oh okay. And regarding Manic Street Preachers, I got them from link2k9, who listens to a shitload of 90s Britpop. He's who I originally got Oasis from like a year and a half ago, but I dunno if you listen to them. I also got Kasabian and Supergrass from him a week ago...you might want to look into them.

"Club Foot" by Kasabian

Selkie

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 11:48:35 AM
Oh okay. And regarding Manic Street Preachers, I got them from link2k9, who listens to a shitload of 90s Britpop. He's who I originally got Oasis from like a year and a half ago, but I dunno if you listen to them. I also got Kasabian and Supergrass from him a week ago...you might want to look into them.

"Club Foot" by Kasabian

I never got too into Oasis but I will definitely check those other two out. Are there any songs/albums I should start with?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on January 31, 2009, 12:14:46 PM
I never got too into Oasis but I will definitely check those other two out. Are there any songs/albums I should start with?

"Club Foot" should definitely be your first Kasabian song to try, because it's both one of their best and probably their most famous. Also try "Reason is Treason."

For Supergrass, try "Pumping on Your Stereo" and "Alright."

LCK

One More Robot/Sympathy 3000-21 -- The Flaming Lips

Selkie

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 12:17:06 PM
"Club Foot" should definitely be your first Kasabian song to try, because it's both one of their best and probably their most famous. Also try "Reason is Treason."

Alright I have definitely heard Club Foot before.

So far I am liking both bands. I am just gonna download a bunch of songs from each.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on January 31, 2009, 12:28:03 PM
Alright I have definitely heard Club Foot before.

So far I am liking both bands. I am just gonna download a bunch of songs from each.

Awesome. On a related note, do you like The Verve and The Stone Roses?

"Idiotique" by Radiohead

Selkie

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 12:33:51 PM
Awesome. On a related note, do you like The Verve and The Stone Roses?

"Idiotique" by Radiohead

I actually have wanted to get some more Verve for a while now. I love Bittersweet Symphony (obviously).

And as for the Stone Roses....same thing lol

Any specific albums?

rreeppttaarr

Skylark

the book of right on

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 12:17:06 PM

Dude Kasabian rules
Supergrass is decent as well

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on January 31, 2009, 12:55:07 PM
I actually have wanted to get some more Verve for a while now. I love Bittersweet Symphony (obviously).

And as for the Stone Roses....same thing lol

Any specific albums?

The Stone Roses only have two albums, both of which are great, but their debut one is better.

The Verve...well I only have Urban Hymns, but I can assure you it's great. It has "Bittersweet Symphony" on it.

Skylark

the book of right on

Travis

Samus Aran

Quote from: Forest Hiro on January 31, 2009, 03:42:35 PM
Dude Kasabian rules
Supergrass is decent as well

yeah i think i'm going to buy Kasabian's debut album off of Amazon like right now

"Reason Is Treason" by Kasabian

Go Up