May 11, 2024, 07:50:21 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

"Since I've Been Loving You" by Page & Plant

Mostly the classic Led Zeppelin song, with a lot of twists in Page's guitarwork. Page is still as brilliant as ever, but Plant's vocals are much weaker on this. It might be because of age. He really sounds like he's struggling sometimes. His purposeful stutters are pretty amusing and a cool little addition though. The addition of a backing string section is pretty cool, and doesn't take away from the greatness of the song at all. What this song is mostly missing is Bonzo...oh man those drums sound so weak compared to Bonzo's pounding.

YPrrrr

Skylark

no i in threesome - interpol

i heard this song in the best way last night.
the book of right on

Samus Aran

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: ThunderKaz on October 11, 2008, 01:27:57 PM
"Dear Prudence" by The Beatles

I was hooked with the baseline of that song for the longest time. I still use it every so often, but I remember I wrote a song around it one time.

I was listening to various Against Me! albums, but then I realized I'm still in a Wilco mood so I'm back to that.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

Skylark

Quote from: Pqqu on October 11, 2008, 03:53:19 PM
I was hooked with the baseline of that song for the longest time. I still use it every so often, but I remember I wrote a song around it one time.

I was listening to various Against Me! albums, but then I realized I'm still in a Wilco mood so I'm back to that.

I was walking home last night and listened to Summerteeth twice through. Such a great album
the book of right on

Quote from: skylark on October 11, 2008, 04:24:35 PM
I was walking home last night and listened to Summerteeth twice through. Such a great album

It creeps me out, mostly. I've listened through a few times, and there's not as much variety in tone as there is in Sky Blue Sky or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. But I'll give it another chance  befuddlement

Skylark

Quote from: Pqqu on October 11, 2008, 04:28:23 PM
It creeps me out, mostly. I've listened through a few times, and there's not as much variety in tone as there is in Sky Blue Sky or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. But I'll give it another chance  befuddlement

You're right about the variety thing but I really like Summerteeth. "She's a Jar" is probably one of my favorite Wilco songs which probably makes me even more partial to the album. What about it creeps you out?
the book of right on

Quote from: skylark on October 11, 2008, 04:33:31 PM
You're right about the variety thing but I really like Summerteeth. "She's a Jar" is probably one of my favorite Wilco songs which probably makes me even more partial to the album. What about it creeps you out?

It's an album about Tweedy, his wife, and how fucked up both he and their relationship are.

QuoteShe's a jar
With a heavy lid
My pop quiz kid
A sleepy kisser
A pretty war
With feelings hid
You know she begs me not to hit her

QuoteI dreamed about killing you again last night
And it felt alright to me

QuoteI, I shouldve been listening
To every word you said
Oh, what have I been missing
Wishing, wishing that you were dead

QuoteAll the above for being in love
Shouldnt that alone be enough
Oh, It's tough when loves a weed
It grows inside of me

Nothings ever gonna stand in my
Nothings ever gonna stand in my
Nothings ever gonna stand in my way again

As I understand it, he was addicted to painkillers and taking antidepressants at the time.

Skylark

Quote from: Pqqu on October 11, 2008, 04:43:40 PM
It's an album about Tweedy, his wife, and how fucked up both he and their relationship are.

As I understand it, he was addicted to painkillers and taking antidepressants at the time.

I understand the content but I suppose it's never seemed creepy to me so I can't understand entirely. "Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (again)" is always one of those really uplifting songs for me and the Summerteeth album always makes me feel better because sometimes you just can't care. That's just how I listen to it though
the book of right on

Sam

WOODSTOCK

crosby stills nash and young

just changed to carry on
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pqqu on October 11, 2008, 03:53:19 PM

Yeah, it's one of McCartney's better basslines, which is saying a lot considering he's all-around a great bassist.

LCK

Sleep Together -- Porcupine Tree

One of my favorites.

Samus Aran

"Rockin' in the Free World" by Neil Young

fuck yes

Go Up