May 03, 2024, 11:29:55 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on July 31, 2008, 03:16:11 PM
Old man - Neil Young

So sad. Seriously one of the saddest songs ever. Up there with hurt

That's one of the better songs on Harvest. But then, the album is mostly great, but those orchestrated songs really drag the greatness down...especially that awful "There's a World."

NewarkWilder

Harvest blows (outside of Needle and the Damage Done).

On the other hand, After the Gold Rush is the sexiest thing this side of Sweden.

reeper

The Optician - Miasma And The Carousel Of Headless Horses

reeper

Quote from: Kazmuffin on July 31, 2008, 09:39:54 PM
That's one of the better songs on Harvest. But then, the album is mostly great, but those orchestrated songs really drag the greatness down...especially that awful "There's a World."
I don't really listen to his stuff but someone had mentioned how sad that sound was and I remember hearing it on the radio. It's pretty sad.

NewarkWilder

Quote from: reefer on August 01, 2008, 04:29:49 AM
I don't really listen to his stuff but someone had mentioned how sad that sound was and I remember hearing it on the radio. It's pretty sad.

The reason I think it blows is because there's absolutely no diversity in the lyrics (and for the most part, music). That's weird to say about Neil Young, because he's really good at making pretty diverse and well paced albums.

Every song on Harvest has the tagline "I'm old and probably need to get laid a lot more". Needle breaks the cycle with the heroin topic, and it's definitely a welcome change. Quite a few songs on Harvest are pretty good, but it's such a mopey and tedious album compared to most of his other stuff that I can't listen to it much.

reeper

Devin Townsend - Untitled

track 9 of Devlab, the whole album is untitled.

I actually do know why but it's pretty awesome, it's really ambient. The whole song has a guy talking but you can't hear what he's talking about, some parts have songs within the song, just a totally different part is just in it.

And some parts have zombie like noises. I'm not sure, this album is obviously very weird and ambient. It brings a lot of thoughts to your head, thoughts of what is making the noises he has in it.

The Hummer and Devlab are both the same idea while his other work is actually music.

reeper

Alamaailman Vasarat

Pretty bad ass, just folk music.

UnagiPower

Nate

YPrrrr

Daddy

"Seven Spanish Angels" - Willie Nelson & Ray Charles

Wrench

Let's Get The Show On The Road by Michael Stanley

:atomsk:

reeper

Gin

A Favor House Atlantic ~~ The String Quartet Tribute to Coheed and Cambria's In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

Go Up