May 08, 2024, 02:00:27 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Socks

Quote from: Selkie on March 04, 2008, 05:48:40 PM
De La Soul, I have a handful of a few random songs by them on my MP3 player. Would you recommend a specific CD or CDs that I should get?

Any of their first three first albums I would strongly recommend, their debut album "3 Feet High and Rising" is still a masterpiece. The first three flow really nice and fit the overall theme that the group originally began with, positive underground hip hop with social movements in mind. The other albums are ok but they don't have the same cohesiveness and lack that flow and message the first three had.

"Moment of Truth" By Gang Starr.

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

sans culottes

Quote from: Kazarus on March 04, 2008, 07:01:16 PM
"The Rain Song" by Led Zeppelin

LOVE DAT SAWNG
Quote from: NotSid on March 04, 2008, 07:25:05 PM
Psycho Killer by Talking Heads

Fucking winner.

Soundgarden - He Didn't
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Daddy

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

"Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1" by Pink Floyd

It's way easier to appreciate this album if you listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Nothing in it is really all that appropriate for singles.

By the way, I'm listening to the live version, so there's some extended stuff in several of the songs, 3 whole extra tracks, (2 of which are dumb), and the album overall is just so much more...involved. Many more effects and a more impressive performance by Waters. "Run Like Hell" is amazing on this version.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazarus on March 04, 2008, 10:50:47 PM
"Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1" by Pink Floyd

It's way easier to appreciate this album if you listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Nothing in it is really all that appropriate for singles.

By the way, I'm listening to the live version, so there's some extended stuff in several of the songs, 3 whole extra tracks, (2 of which are dumb), and the album overall is just so much more...involved. Many more effects and a more impressive performance by Waters. "Run Like Hell" is amazing on this version.
I agree though The Trial is a single for sure.

Mother is great, the vocals going back and forth.

famy

Gravel Pit - Wu-Tang Clan

best wu song ever maybe

Daddy

"Bomb the World" - Michael Franti and Spearhead

it might just be spearhead i dunno if the song was made before or after the name change.

Socks

Samus Aran

Daddy

Go Up