May 01, 2024, 12:16:35 AM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

Quote from: Doc at the Radar Station on December 12, 2007, 09:04:16 PM
King Buzzo from the Melvins is also in Fantomas, as well as DAVE FUCKING LOMBARDO
I noticed someone from the Melvins was in the band because of one of their album's arts it says Melvins on it really big. Song wasn't amazing and really was just a way to publicize themselves by having a long ass song. The transitions from different genres are very narrow and just "boom" next style.

I hope their other albums are better because I wasn't too excited to listen to the song probably ever again. I did listen to the whole thing except for the loop in the last 20 minutes.

If you're looking for weird ass music try out Scott Walker's The Drift

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on December 12, 2007, 09:14:55 PM
I noticed someone from the Melvins was in the band because of one of their album's arts it says Melvins on it really big. Song wasn't amazing and really was just a way to publicize themselves by having a long ass song. The transitions from different genres are very narrow and just "boom" next style.

I hope their other albums are better because I wasn't too excited to listen to the song probably ever again. I did listen to the whole thing except for the loop in the last 20 minutes.
Most of Fantomas' stuff is better, but don't expect it to be as accessible as Mr. Bungle or the Melvins. Or Slayer.

Quote from: reefer on December 12, 2007, 09:14:55 PM
If you're looking for weird ass music try out Scott Walker's The Drift
I've been meaning to check out Scott Walker, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Soul

Music - Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria
Book - Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King
Multitasking for the win?

reeper

Quote from: Doc at the Radar Station on December 12, 2007, 09:17:49 PM
Most of Fantomas' stuff is better, but don't expect it to be as accessible as Mr. Bungle or the Melvins. Or Slayer.

I've been meaning to check out Scott Walker, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
Accessible as in easy to get into or easy to find?

I really don't have much trouble finding music, sometimes getting into music yes.

Scout Walker's The Drift is very weird but it is the only stuff I've heard from him. Check it out, some of the stuff he does in the album is a little ridiculous for my taste but thats why I like it.

"I'll punch a donkey in the streets of Galway" is a lyric from one of the songs, and no I'm not taking it out of context because there is no context around it.

"Pee pee soaked trousers" is another...

And one of the samples is just a moose or some animal sound.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on December 12, 2007, 09:22:26 PM
sometimes getting into music yes.

Man do I know what you mean there. I used to hate prog rock, especially Pink Floyd. It took me forever to get into it.

reeper

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 12, 2007, 09:25:32 PM
Man do I know what you mean there. I used to hate prog rock, especially Pink Floyd. It took me forever to get into it.
I don't know what you are talking about, I loved Pink Floyd from the first time I heard them. The first song I remember listening to from them was Have a Cigar.

What a great ass song for me to listen to when I was about four years old.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on December 12, 2007, 09:27:08 PM
I don't know what you are talking about, I loved Pink Floyd from the first time I heard them. The first song I remember listening to from them was Have a Cigar.

What a great ass song for me to listen to when I was about four years old.

My favorite songs when I was four were "Touch Me" by The Doors, "Hotel California" by The Eagles, and "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks.

reeper

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 12, 2007, 09:34:39 PM
My favorite songs when I was four were "Touch Me" by The Doors, "Hotel California" by The Eagles, and "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks.
My favorite songs were the songs on the Small Soldiers Soundtrack.

It had good music on there, especially Tom Sawyer

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

reeper

Quote from: steal on December 12, 2007, 10:06:30 PM
Get into. The only other one I have is their first one, and it's pretty good, more metal, and certainly easier to sit through. I also like how it has more focus on vocals, although there's still no lyrics. The vocalist just basically makes weird noises, it's awesome.

Ending Theme - Pain of Salvation shlick;
Let Houdini answer his own question ass face argh;

I kinda like Porcupine Tree now... ;_;

Wrench

Samus Aran

Currently watching some new animus online. Trying some stuff out. I watched episode 1 of "Ah! My Goddess!" last night and it's okay so far I guess. Kind of an anime that one episode doesn't tell you much about. I also of course continued watching "Gunslinger Girl."

But the best part is that I found that this site has "Noir." It's awesome and I find it strange that I never got around to it before. Currently watching episode 4 of it.

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on December 12, 2007, 09:22:26 PM
Accessible as in easy to get into or easy to find?
Easy to get into. I'm sure you're well capable of finding music.

Daddy

"Thug Luv" - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony feat. Tupac

I'll probably be punished for hard livin blind to the facts
Thugs is convicts in God's prison hand on the strap
Praying to father please forgive me police be rushing when they see me
I flaunted America's most wanted live on TV life
Pleasure and pain stuck in this game holler my name
We all gone die we bleed through similar veins
You'se explain to me now don't panic when my gun burst
Heard the last jam nigga this ones worse
My nigga bone held the chrome till I came home
Thug Luv playas tell these bitch niggas bring it on
I caught a plane out to Cleveland late last evening
To help my niggas clean up some niggas no longer breathing now
Who you believe in hit the weed and breathe it's a
Cold ass the world them niggas kill you in your sleep watch me
Until they stop me bury murder me or drop me
I got Thug Luv for my nationwide posse feel me

Placebo Headwound

December 13, 2007, 09:39:10 PM #2354 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:42:43 PM by Jesus
"Risingson" -Massive Attack

JMV I THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE GUYS IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF THEM.

Go Up