May 03, 2024, 02:34:06 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Necro

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 19, 2007, 10:36:41 PM
It's a good song, I'll give you that. They've done much better though, and even then, they're not very good at being diverse. When they try other ROCK GODDAMN CENSOR FUCK YOU styles, it usually doesn't work. There are a few exceptions though.

"Hammer to Fall" by Queen
That's why I don't listen to a whole lot of GNR.

I've retired from most bands I like, good and bad; Zeppelin, Queen, AC/DC, Beatles, Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc....

Now I just listen to shit like Metallica and Motorhead...
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

"Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney

MAYBE I'M AMAZED AT THE WAY YOU LOVE ME ALL THE TIME
MAYBE I'M AFRAID OF THE WAY I LOVE YOU

FullmetalGanon

Samus Aran

Houdini

Samus Aran

Quote from: Guava on October 20, 2007, 12:47:03 PM
Ah, Cream. They were one of the first bands I got into.

I actually disliked them at first. When I originally tried getting myself into rock, I mostly only liked hard rock, not mellow stuff like Cream. I also hated Pink Floyd. I listened to stuff like GNR mostly. gonk;

"Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" by CSN

YPrrrr

Song 2

... again. The title is retarded tho.

Houdini

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 20, 2007, 12:49:06 PM
I actually disliked them at first. When I originally tried getting myself into rock, I mostly only liked hard rock, not mellow stuff like Cream. I also hated Pink Floyd. I listened to stuff like GNR mostly. gonk;

"Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" by CSN
Speaking of mellow stuff, my mom got me into CSN.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Guava on October 20, 2007, 12:53:45 PM
Speaking of mellow stuff, my mom got me into CSN.

My mom got me into The Doors and The Eagles. powerofone;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 20, 2007, 12:54:45 PM
My mom got me into drugs and prostitution powerofone;

Actually she gave me my first Clash CD, which I will always love her for wub;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on October 20, 2007, 12:57:05 PM
My mom got me into drugs and prostitution powerofone;

Actually she gave me my first Clash CD, which I will always love her for wub;

The first CD my mom ever bought me was a greatest hits compilation of GNR. She let me borrow her Doors and Eagles stuff before that though.

"Difficult to Cure (Beethoven's Ninth)" by Rainbow

God damn I love Ritchie Blackmore. wub;

Houdini

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 20, 2007, 12:54:45 PM
My dad was the one who got me into the Doors, but my mom likes them too. No one in our family likes the Eagles very much, but my dad likes James Gang.

My dad has introduced me to a ton of bands. I pretty much owe my taste in music to him.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Guava on October 20, 2007, 12:59:58 PM
My dad was the one who got me into the Doors, but my mom likes them too. No one in our family likes the Eagles very much, but my dad likes James Gang.

My dad has introduced me to a ton of bands. I pretty much owe my taste in music to him.

My dad loves all the stuff I do, as well as some new stuff. However, I didn't know this until this last summer, because that was the first time I'd seen him in six years.

Somehow he seems to know every single classic rock song that ever plays on the radio. He had some trouble identifying Led Zeppelin work though. He's mostly an 80s rock guy I guess, since that's the era he grew up in.

Houdini

Quote from: Rei Kazanami on October 20, 2007, 01:02:22 PM
My dad loves all the stuff I do, as well as some new stuff. However, I didn't know this until this last summer, because that was the first time I'd seen him in six years.

Somehow he seems to know every single classic rock song that ever plays on the radio. He had some trouble identifying Led Zeppelin work though. He's mostly an 80s rock guy I guess, since that's the era he grew up in.
My dad must be about a decade older than yours. He spent his teenage years in the late 60's to mid 70's, so he knows all the bands from that era. He doesn't just listen to classic rock, though. I mean, he introduced me to Tool.

Go Up