May 08, 2024, 12:36:50 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrench

Samus Aran

Quote from: Toast on August 29, 2007, 07:28:52 PM
I don't get what the big deal is about that song. It's good, but there are better songs on The Wall.

Part 2 is especially overrated. I rather prefer Part 1 of Another Brick over the other two, for no particular reason. I very much prefer many other songs on the album though, such as "The Thin Ice," "What Shall We Do Now?," "Comfortably Numb," "Run Like Hell," "Young Lust," "Don't Leave Me Now," "Mother," "Hey You," "Goodbye Blue Sky," and of course my favorite, "Waiting for the Worms."

Now this has got me listening to my favorite songs from that album.

"Waiting for the Worms" by Pink Floyd  powerofone;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on August 29, 2007, 07:33:43 PM
Part 2 is especially overrated. I rather prefer Part 1 of Another Brick over the other two, for no particular reason. I very much prefer many other songs on the album though, such as "The Thin Ice," "What Shall We Do Now?," "Comfortably Numb," "Run Like Hell," "Young Lust," "Don't Leave Me Now," "Mother," "Hey You," "Goodbye Blue Sky," and of course my favorite, "Waiting for the Worms."

"Waiting for the Worms" by Pink Floyd  powerofone;

Have you ever seen the movie thing btw?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 29, 2007, 07:37:12 PM
Have you ever seen the movie thing btw?

Of course. I own it. I also own the Is There Anybody Out There? live version of The Wall. Great stuff. I like a lot of the songs on it more than the original versions, especially "Run Like Hell."

"Don't Leave Me Now" by Pink Floyd

Wrench

"Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance

One of the few MCR songs I like.

Placebo Headwound

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thief888 on August 29, 2007, 08:25:56 PM
"She's Electric" -Oasis

One of the best songs on Morning Glory. thumbup;

"Mother" by Pink Floyd

The live version. It's got a nifty extended solo.

Placebo Headwound

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thief888 on August 29, 2007, 09:04:22 PM
"Mother" -Pink Floyd

navi;

I decided to just go ahead and listen to all of the live version of The Wall.  caterpie;

"Nobody Home" by Pink Floyd

Houdini

Quote from: Kaz on August 29, 2007, 07:33:43 PM

"Waiting for the Worms" by Pink Floyd  powerofone;

I'm not terribly fond of The Wall. The movie is awesome and the live album is great, but hearing Roger Waters sing on almost all songs on a two-disc album gets on my nerves, among other things.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love most of their other albums.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Toast on August 29, 2007, 09:34:58 PM
I'm not terribly fond of The Wall. The movie is awesome and the live album is great, but hearing Roger Waters sing on almost all songs on a two-disc album gets on my nerves, among other things.

Don't get me wrong, though. I love most of their other albums.

Oh don't worry, I heartily agree. The list I just rambled off is pretty much the list of the songs that I actually care about on the album, though it seems that I forgot "The Trial."

I don't very much like either of the two  "In the Flesh" songs, "Vera," or "Bring the Boys Back Home." I'm also not a big fan of all the tiny in-between songs like "Stop" and "Is There Anybody Out There?" It just seems like there's too much material on the album.

Houdini

Quote from: Kaz on August 29, 2007, 09:39:19 PM
Oh don't worry, I heartily agree. The list I just rambled off is pretty much the list of the songs that I actually care about on the album, though it seems that I forgot "The Trial."

I don't very much like either of the two  "In the Flesh" songs, "Vera," or "Bring the Boys Back Home." I'm also not a big fan of all the tiny in-between songs like "Stop" and "Is There Anybody Out There?" It just seems like there's too much material on the album.
Yeah, that's one of my big qualms with the album. A few transitional tracks can be good for the album, but it seems like half the tracks are audio from a TV followed by less than thirty seconds of music. If they'd whittled it down to one disc and let Dave Gilmore write a few more songs it could have been great instead of good.

Daddy

Quote from: steal on August 29, 2007, 05:05:00 PM
Into the Dead Sky - At the Gates

Quote from: Kaz on August 29, 2007, 05:42:15 PM
"It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" by Billy Joel :O

When I was scrolling it looked like the two posts merged and said "Bill Gates"  china;

Wrench

Selkie

Go Up