May 13, 2024, 09:24:04 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

it took me five albums to finally come to the conclusion that i don't like mastodon v. much

crystalpepsi

Is anyone else here a fan of Soulwax/2mandDJs/DEEWEE? I have yet to meet anyone else who likes them.  saddood;

strongbad

been listening to a lot of orbital lately

real cool stuff

Hiro

C.Mongler

i dont really give a fuck about his music, but dan deacon puts on a hell of a live show

strongbad

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 28, 2016, 12:21:22 AM
So I've heard. I wanna see
next time he comes to portland you should come down and see him with me

C.Mongler

went out record shopping this weekend for the first time in forever since my gf was having lady brunch in AdMo (COOL N HIP neighborhood in dc where like 90% of the record stores are locted) and we had SHIT TA DO AFTER so i figured fuck it might as well hang out in the area so i didnt basically haev to drive home and then immediately trun around to come pick her up

anyway was lookin for all sorts of random shit i was sure i wasnt going to find (still looking for any MBV that isnt MBV 2013, this band called Busted Outlook, OG Dead Kennedys presses, nervosas LPs, amongst other stuff)

didnt really find anything i was looking for but i got a couple things

-Rites of Springs S/T, hugely influenctial DC punk band that ive finally got around to getting REALLY into, dont know why i waited 30 years, but holy fuck their shit is amazing. not rare by ANY means, but figured it was time to grab their LP
-Dead Kennedys complete Singles Box Set, was like 20 bucks, so not a bad deal since their singles are honestly what i'm most familiar with. i hear that the ones pressed in this comp though aren't actually the original singles, but whatever now i can listen to police truck on repeat on my turntable so im satisfied

still dont have a single fuckin DK 12" tho which sucks. saw a frankenchrist, but it was 40 damn bucks so i was like eh. then i went and saw Red Death and Angel Du$t that night and all was well, what a good sunday

Samus Aran

Rites of Spring's S/T is amazing, one of my absolute favorite post-hardcore albums wrench;

strongbad

C.Mongler

yeah dude it's phenominal. i don't know why it's taken me to this point in my life to actually listen to it, especially considering i'm actively involved in the dc punk community, but now that i have i can't stop listening to it. every song is a banger  giggle;

Daddy

CBS killed off a lot of the functionality and community of last.fm

Go Up