May 03, 2024, 10:18:30 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

just listened to thriller.  tried not to imagine what alt country is like beforehand, pleasantly surprised.  mostly very mellow. 

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: David on September 09, 2013, 08:03:43 PM
just listened to thriller.  tried not to imagine what alt country is like beforehand, pleasantly surprised.  mostly very mellow. 
alt country is pretty broad but kind of sucks for the most part. lambchop rules. bonnie prince billy does too. wilco blows dick but there are some songs i like. hank III is cool. also wiki has bands on it's list that aren't alt country like Andrew Jackson Jihad and The Tallest Man on Earth

check out Viva Last Blues by Palace Music (Bonnie Prince Billy) that is another good album that could fall under alt country

silvertone

Thyme

September 14, 2013, 10:11:33 AM #12484 Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:31:44 PM by Thyme
BT - A Song Across Wires
Born of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die ∆live
Haken - The Mountain
Hecq - Avenger
Affiance - The Campaign
Architects - Daybreaker
Majeure - Solar Maximum
Mono - For My Parents
Coronado - Origin
Dead Letter Circus - The Catalyst Fire
Twelve Foot Ninja - Silent Machine
Anova - Decem
Suspyre - When Time Fades…
The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Whenever, If Ever
Caspian - Waking Season
Akeldama - Everything Beautiful
The Safety Fire - Mouth of Swords
In-Quest - Chapter IIX - The Odyssey of Eternity
Villains - 10 Code
Cloudkicker - Subsume

Samus Aran

i haven't dl'd an album in a while because i still consistently have problems with my computer keeping my library together in the first place

goowan

but i will say that i just bought jesu's amazing self-titled album on a picturedisc LP last night wrench;

picturediscs look cool but the sound quality is weird. v cool to have tho

Samus Aran

this one is done very well from what i hear, although it's actually a totally different mix to begin with from the other versions of the album, so all the more reason that it's a really cool release

i will probably get a plain repress of it sometime too for the other mix

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Thyme

Veil of Maya - Eclipse
Northlane - Singularity
Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven
God Is an Astronaut - Origins
Heart of a Coward - Hope and Hindrance
Dream Theater - Dream Theater
Flaming Row - Elinoire
Eumeria - Rebel Mind
Sunn O))) - Monoliths & Dimensions
Black Sun Aeon - Blacklight Deliverance

Samus Aran

silvertone

i bought an tape called Is/Is by a band called Is/Is.  it came with a dl link...i already have the album so if someone wants it they can have it. they are a shoegaze band from minnesota

https://is-is.bandcamp.com/album/iii this is an album if you want to listen lol.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Adventures In Experimental Electric Orchestra From The San Francisco Psychedelic Underground-The Orkustra

Samus Aran

dl'd the new Melt-Banana album and then pre-ordered its vinyl release sillydood;

Go Up