April 27, 2024, 02:43:23 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

ok i made a purchase on rare vinyl that has only had ten transactions in a year and a half
it was $150 but im like fk it, when am i gonna see this shit again?  and plus i can always earn it back

https://www.discogs.com/iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook-iwrotehaikusaboutcannibalisminyouryearbook-LP/release/2560322

prob the most ill spend on a vinyl
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ikanaide

i listened to classical music pretty much exclusively for a whole year, some of my favourites:

rachmaninoff piano concerto 2
vivaldi concerto for flautino c major
rimsky korsakov scheherazade
beethoven sonata 3 esp. the slow movement
chopin nocturne the f minor, e minor and b-flat minor
lincke gluhwurmchen
waldteufel skater's waltz
strauss fruhlingsstimmen w/ the soprano
ravel pavane pour une infante defunte
einaudi i giorni
probably a bunch of others

been starting to listen to other music again, want to try getting into drum and bass maybe

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

6M69I69B9

been listening to jazz fusion jpop
i love round table
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ikanaide

Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 04, 2020, 10:23:15 AMScheherazade rules

Do you like Wagner?
i actually barely listened to any wagner in that entire year, i guess i didn't really feel any of his pieces that i did listen to enough to dig deeper. any recs?

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on November 04, 2020, 12:38:20 PMbeen listening to jazz fusion jpop
i love round table
sounds pretty interesting, i'll give them a listen too. they haven't released anything in a while it seems.

Mando Pandango

Honestly I still haven't done a deep dive on Wagner because it seems like it would be fucking exhausting, but the Tristan und Isolde Prelude has always blown me away.

Also I've been listening to Butthole Surfers, King Gizzard, and Don Caballero
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ikanaide

listened to the tristan und isolde prelude. gave me chills throughout, pretty powerful piece. will keep it for when i'm in the mood for some big emotional swells. made me think of tchaik 4th symphony for some reason idk why but that's also a sick piece

i DL'd round table's Big Wave in Korea album and had a listen to it. ngl i have a bit of an attraction towards asian bands that sing in english with an accent idk why. has like some of those indie korean vibes as well, pretty chill album. you should check out Pictured Resort and GUIRO if you haven't before.

also on the subj of don caballero i was rly big into post/math rock at one point as well, mainly listening to bands from asia. some of my favourite bands from that:
elephant gym
selfkill
sugar plum ferry
sun of morning
shuhari
aphasia
he
low-pass
choked zone

Mando Pandango

Nice! I only know Elephant Gym from that list. Along that vein I've also gotten into:

tricot (everyone should try tricot imo)
toe
LITE

Uchu Conbini

Il check out some of your list when I'm feeling it

ikanaide

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ive been listening to a metric butt-ton of Willie Nelson

Hiro

ikanaide

listened to the album tousaku by yorushika after watching the movie A Whisker Away and rly enjoyed it, it's prob one of the better "mainstream" j-pop albums i've heard in a while

Samus Aran

I'm pretty obsessed with Japanese shoegaze, dream pop, and various related noisy blends of indie rock. and that obsession only seems to grow as i find more and more. lately been really enjoying Plastic Girl in Closet, My Dead Girlfriend, Bloodthirsty Butchers, Eastern Youth...

And of course my love for Mass of the Fermenting Dregs has only grown since December of last year when I discovered they actually got back together and dropped a new album in the summer of '18, which I somehow went a year and a half without finding out about.

ikanaide

i've barely touched on shoegaze but i really like all the ones i've heard, will def check out some of that list. of the stuff i listened to i liked magic love, particularly this song https://magiclove.bandcamp.com/track/wait-for-rain-2 and also the korean band ZzzAam. i also had no idea that mass of the fermenting dregs have another album, will need to check that out as well now

Go Up