May 13, 2024, 02:39:41 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V LOWRIDERS HIT 20 OCTOBER

Started by Hiro, October 25, 2012, 02:53:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

July 09, 2013, 01:42:26 PM #255 Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:00:32 PM by Snack Dad
you can carry multiple weapons of the same type now:

gunshot sounds are shown on the minimap:

wind is shown when hunting:

golf HUD:

close range character switching:

long range character switching:

minimap:

character stats & radial menu:

also lol

Hiro

silvertone

nice you can buy a house. that owns.

it be cool if you could just cut out the part with the crimes and play some sports and get cool furniture w/ your house.
also u have animal friends...instead of human neighbors.

Hiro

July 09, 2013, 01:54:21 PM #258 Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:18:17 PM by Snack Dad
Two new articles:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/grand_theft_auto_v/b/xbox360/archive/2013/07/09/grand-theft-auto-v-gun-combat.aspx
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/grand_theft_auto_v/b/xbox360/archive/2013/07/09/grand-theft-auto-v-customization.aspx

Customization:
Quoteyou can indeed customize your weapons. The player has access to a wide range of modifications, such as extended clips that allow you to fire more ammo between reloads, grips to improve your accuracy, weapon tints to color your guns, flashlights, scopes, and suppressors.

QuotePay & Spray isn't in this game - it's been replaced by LS Customs.

QuoteIn addition to the many cosmetic customization alterations such as body kits, paint jobs/finishes, wheels, exhaust tips, window tints, tire smoke color, bull-bars, extra lights, and lots of other extra accessories, we have modifications that will affect gameplay and vehicle performance. Some of the modifications that affect gameplay include brakes, engine tuning, suspension, horns, bulletproof tires, panel armor, and of course, a general repair! There are more than 1,000 modifications in total. And when you're done customizing your car, you can take a picture of it using the in-game cell phone and upload them to the Social Club.

Combat:
QuoteThe controls have been expanded, so now in addition to traditional left trigger "down the sights" aiming, you can also both run and shoot comfortably while only using the right trigger. This retains the benefits of seeing your character from the third-person view while keeping the feel much closer to the range of motion and shooting precision you have in a first-person shooter.

QuoteIf you fire your weapon, or become engaged in a fight, your character's bearing changes and your default speed switches from a casual walk to a combat jog, giving you improved mobility as well as a greater sense of urgency. If there's no threat or you haven't been firing, you'll revert back to a relaxed state. The transitions between these states are all handled seamlessly without breaking stride

Quotewe've tried to bring in all the appropriate parts from the different projects, from the more advanced cover components and targeting of Red Dead Redemption to the more fluid transitions in and out of gun combat from Max Payne 3.

QuoteHard lock has gone altogether

QuoteFor GTA V, we've split targeting out into three distinct modes: assisted aiming, traditional GTA, and free aim.

Assisted aiming gives players a larger targeting area as well as a little more help analyzing targets to try and pick the largest threat.

Traditional GTA is the closest to previous GTA's soft lock option. It shares all the characteristics of assisted aiming, with the additional ability to flick left and right between targets using the right stick.

Another new refinement is that every aim mode now has a timer that breaks lock so you have to be more tactical in your approach - you can no longer just rely on holding and shooting until a target is dead.

QuoteWe've also pushed the cover system to further bridge the gap between driving and gunplay. In addition to smoothly running out of a car whilst firing a gun, players are able to use their car as cover, getting out and staying low without exposing themselves. They can make a stand there behind the car for a while and then at any time quickly re-enter the car from cover or from shooting and speed away with little exposure to enemy fire.

ME##

I'm so glad everything seems so new and refreshed for this one. 

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: N o t S i d on July 09, 2013, 01:31:35 PM
the character switching i am worried is going to feel clunky or distracting.

agreed

but aside from that i'm content with what i've seen

Hiro

Quote from: #rektron on July 09, 2013, 02:53:59 PM
agreed

but aside from that i'm content with what i've seen
Quote from: Snack Dad on July 09, 2013, 01:42:26 PM
close range character switching:

long range character switching:

Kalahari Inkantation

yes, i've seen, and unless the game decides for you which character you'll be playing as/switching to at pivotal moments like that, it still looks distracting lol

Hiro

Quote from: #rektron on July 09, 2013, 03:02:42 PM
yes, i've seen, and unless the game decides for you which character you'll be playing as/switching to at pivotal moments like that, it still looks distracting lol
none of those were really pivotal moments, you basically have two choices when switching, and the whole game is in slow-motion when the menu is pulled up

Thyme

and while we've only seen like 5 seconds of it GTA Online looks like something boyagers could do together hocuspocus;

Hiro

Quote from: Thyme on July 09, 2013, 03:09:29 PM
and while we've only seen like 5 seconds of it GTA Online looks like something boyagers could do together hocuspocus;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMnT4tp-cMk[/youtube]

Mondegreen

looks fucking amazing, i can't wait to pick this up in two months time.

Hiro

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Giant slideshow of new screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/q05gY

Hiro

also GTA Online video on thursday

ME##

Go Up