May 03, 2024, 06:52:03 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

majora's mask

Started by Travis, October 10, 2012, 11:14:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on December 24, 2012, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 04:21:40 PM
lesser crimes include:

-not collecting every fairy in mm and thus being unable to obtain the great fairy sword because one of the very first fairies encountered is in a relatively enclosed area underwater and and just thinking about it induces claustrophobia

-never collecting every heart piece in any zelda ever

-not getting oot's ice arrows (until this very year) because the timed puzzles in the very first room of that gerudo mini-dungeon made me way too anxious to complete them
I really hope you're joking

i'll post more as i remember them, just for you tomatoes;

silvertone

there is really no point of playing OoT anymore. it is 2 outdated to really enjoy

Samus Aran

Quote from: [23]crossdressers on December 24, 2012, 04:28:40 PM
there is really no point of playing OoT anymore. it is 2 outdated to really enjoy

stop

Snowy

Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 04:26:57 PM
another fun one:

during my first playthrough of oot, i actually put it down for a period of a few years because i absolutely terrified of the forest temple

i don't think i completed it until the early 2000s
Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 04:28:08 PM
Quote from: Snowy on December 24, 2012, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 04:21:40 PM
lesser crimes include:

-not collecting every fairy in mm and thus being unable to obtain the great fairy sword because one of the very first fairies encountered is in a relatively enclosed area underwater and and just thinking about it induces claustrophobia

-never collecting every heart piece in any zelda ever

-not getting oot's ice arrows (until this very year) because the timed puzzles in the very first room of that gerudo mini-dungeon made me way too anxious to complete them
I really hope you're joking

i'll post more as i remember them, just for you tomatoes;
I audibly groaned.

Nyerp

super mario bros. 3 is too outdated to really enjoy

Thyme

on a side note, one thing that was really cool about master quest was how you had to use the bombs in dodongo's cavern, that was p. clever

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

turn-based rpgs are too mechanically outdated to really enjoy[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on December 24, 2012, 04:31:12 PM
on a side note, one thing that was really cool about master quest was how you had to use the bombs in dodongo's cavern, that was p. clever

you mean how you're suddenly required to know that you can drop bomb flowers off of walls by touching them with lit deku sticks?

cause i sure as hell didn't know that until figuring it out by accident, as while the feature did exist in the original game, there was never any use for it

silvertone

Quote from: May on December 24, 2012, 04:29:21 PM
Quote from: [23]crossdressers on December 24, 2012, 04:28:40 PM

stop
im just being Honest bro.

Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 04:31:22 PM
[spoiler]

turn-based rpgs are too mechanically outdated to really enjoy[/spoiler]

yeah btu that is the novelty in them, it isn't like OoT where the free roaming interactive world was Vastly Improved with pretty much every other zelda and every other game.

Turn based Mechanics is outdated, but they have died. it is like watching old spy b movies or smth like that.  it is good because it is aged and in a way ~bad~

Thyme

Quote from: May on December 24, 2012, 04:34:11 PM
Quote from: Thyme on December 24, 2012, 04:31:12 PM

you mean how you're suddenly required to know that you can drop bomb flowers off of walls by touching them with lit deku sticks?

cause i sure as hell didn't know that until figuring it out by accident, as while the feature did exist in the original game, there was never any use for it

ya
there might also have been some stuff involving throwing them with good timing idr

Kalahari Inkantation

don't you have to lure dead hand out with bombs as well

had i played master quest, i never would have figured that out without enlisting the internet's help

don't let's

Quote from: Fuck on December 24, 2012, 04:30:42 PM
super mario bros. 3 is too outdated to really enjoy
but that's retro now

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 04:36:58 PM
don't you have to lure dead hand out with bombs as well

had i played master quest, i never would have figured that out without enlisting the internet's help

huh? that works?

i've always just let one of the hands grab me purposely so that he comes out

sometimes he won't get to you in time before the hand lets go and then you can just slash him. other times he does get you, but it's not like it hurts much. idk.

>kaz always doing zelda bosses/minibosses differently

Kalahari Inkantation

actually, this may be my worst one of them all

[spoiler]it pains me to admit that i was one of those fuck;ers who was abhorred by wind waker's art style when i first became aware of it, i specifically remember thinking it had "worse graphics (artistically) than ocarina of time"

thankfully it grew on me in time, it's easily the prettiest 3d zelda and the only 3d zelda game that virtually hasn't age at all while all the others even as recent as twilight princess look like garbed super fx-era messes today[/spoiler]

Snowy

Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 05:00:45 PM
actually, this may be my worst one of them all

[spoiler]it pains me to admit that i was one of those fuck;ers who was abhorred by wind waker's art style when i first became aware of it, i specifically remember thinking it had "worse graphics (artistically) than ocarina of time"

thankfully it grew on me in time, it's easily the prettiest 3d zelda and the only 3d zelda game that virtually hasn't age at all while all the others even as recent as twilight princess look like garbed super fx-era messes today[/spoiler]
My mother refuses to play Wind Waker for that exact raisin. goowan

Go Up