April 20, 2024, 12:44:37 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

majora's mask

Started by Travis, October 10, 2012, 11:14:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

wow rude you loved the original star fox and you know it :|

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on December 24, 2012, 05:03:36 PM
wow rude you loved the original star fox and you know it :|

i do, but that style seems much more appropriate for a sci-fi space-faring game than it would be for something like zelda lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectite on December 24, 2012, 05:00:45 PM
actually, this may be my worst one of them all

[spoiler]it pains me to admit that i was one of those fuck;ers who was abhorred by wind waker's art style when i first became aware of it, i specifically remember thinking it had "worse graphics (artistically) than ocarina of time"

thankfully it grew on me in time, it's easily the prettiest 3d zelda and the only 3d zelda game that virtually hasn't age at all while all the others even as recent as twilight princess look like garbed super fx-era messes today[/spoiler]

i think games like a link to the past aged very well...but i dunno, well-done 16 bit still just looks very appealing to me, and a link to the past is a very colorful and visually interesting game

Snowy

Quote from: May on December 24, 2012, 05:15:00 PM

[spoiler]it pains me to admit that i was one of those fuck;ers who was abhorred by wind waker's art style when i first became aware of it, i specifically remember thinking it had "worse graphics (artistically) than ocarina of time"

thankfully it grew on me in time, it's easily the prettiest 3d zelda and the only 3d zelda game that virtually hasn't age at all while all the others even as recent as twilight princess look like garbed super fx-era messes today[/spoiler]

i think games like a link to the past aged very well...but i dunno, well-done 16 bit still just looks very appealing to me, and a link to the past is a very colorful and visually interesting game
[spoiler]I think ALttP is my favorite Zelda next to Majora's Mask.[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: May on December 24, 2012, 05:15:00 PM

agreed, that's why i made sure to exclude the 2d games from my complaint about zelda games aging poorly lol

the only 2d zeldas that have aged badly are the very first two imo, while alttp/ooa/oos/mc will always look great

me003

If you think about it from the Atari to the SNES they were working on getting 2D right, and it ended with the SNES being the best 2D arguably. Now the 3D generation, N64 - Wii are like the earlier consoles to the SNES. My point is your only gonna enjoy the realistic zelda graphics as they come, and once they're time has past....well then they look bad, like how the NES Zelda is crap to ALttP. I think WW and SS both are amazing looking games, but I also think they achieved that by avoiding realism. I need to play TP again, but I think that was an awesome looking game too, just dark.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Hiro

Samus Aran

don't let's

me003

Yaay beat the first zelda.....now considering doing the second quest.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up