May 02, 2024, 02:04:43 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So it looks like ween finally....

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, May 30, 2012, 08:19:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Well, one half of the two is calling it quits apparently so that means the brown ship is finally sunk.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/aaron-freeman-closes-the-book-on-ween-20120529

Got into Ween so many years ago and they quickly became one of my favorite bands of all time. I remember getting so excited about their albums because there were so many disgustingly strange genre shifts everywhere. And there was this feeling of melty evolution in there as well, starting with the scotchguard daze of the pod and ending with the very produced "la cucaracha".

A lot of people dismiss their stuff as novelty, but Aaron and Micky were truly interesting songwriters. I remember seeing some videos of piano covers from some guy who did all ween stuff, and it gave me an idea as to how complex some of their melodies were.

I've seen them quite a few times live and they're still probably my favorite band to see. The sweaty, dizzy atmosphere at a three hour Ween show is something that's impossible to replicate and something that I was looking forward to seeing one more time. Fuck.
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y--KHIey-xo[/youtube]

silvertone

i can't say i was a huge fan, but they seemed like one of those things that would never die

like rem lol

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: silvertone on May 31, 2012, 04:53:59 PM
i can't say i was a huge fan, but they seemed like one of those things that would never die

like rem lol

That's like comparing a coin-op vibrating motel bed to a whitesheet, prim queen size thing in some vermont bed and breakfast.

silvertone

i dont mean to compare the quality of their works, because one was like a coughing rasp from a putrid roach while the other is a sexual palestine.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

It's more like comparing a walk though a suburban sidewalk to a jog through the mind of a mononucleosis sufferer huffing glue before a choir of angels.

Geno

Seriously terrible. I'm glad I got to see them live last year though.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up