May 17, 2024, 04:41:51 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nodding Disease

Started by Socks, February 18, 2012, 10:35:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

I just sent a letter to the CDC regarding an article I read which reported on recent outbreaks of a mysterious illness in Africa titled 'nodding disease', partly because that's as much as they know about it--it makes the victims turn into mush with physical convulsions and central nervous system damage. I instantly recognized these features as those of a disease contracted by African Lions not too long ago in a case that had experts stumped. They found the origin of that outbreak to stem from Hyaenas and although the Lions should have been naturally immune to it some of them still managed to get sick. And they too, died in the same grueling and mysterious way. So I wrote to the CDC if this possibility has been explored and if it might help in the search for cures and answers. I would not at all be surprised if some similar virus had leaped from animals into humans.

I ended my letter with 'yours truly, a concerned citizen'.

PLEASEHELP1991

good thing the cdc has the power to quarantine someone for the safety of the public
I love [you]

Socks

Quote from: Edina Monsoon on February 18, 2012, 10:37:04 PM
good thing the cdc has the power to quarantine someone for the safety of the public

only as long as the whole government power social order thing continues to be feasible.

Go Up