September 19, 2024, 03:15:21 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

note taking

Started by Samus Aran, January 26, 2012, 08:05:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

does anyone ever take notes about random things

i take notes about anything that maybe would be interesting for a story, or like little outlines for stories and stuff. so yeah i use a little notebook for writing stuff a lot. but i also just write lots of cool words down. and phrases i hear people say. just whatever sounds nice.

i guess this is pretty normal for someone who writes a lot but does anyone else take notes outside of school for whatever reason?

hocuspocus;

silvertone

i have a half of a notebook filled with notes from when I was reading the Odyssey, the other half is filled with fear and loathing.

snoorkel

I write notes about everything, there is a whole moleskine-sponsored system with black gridded for biz, blue bound for plans ((strategies)), and brown lined for reading notes and general writing .....I compulsively write sticky notes of little lists and ideas when I'm at my desk because I don't trust myself to remember anything

??????

yes
an ugly composition notebook for lists, numbers and 'stuff that are important but not that important to keep forever'

a brown moleskin for novelettes and poetry and doodles for potential art pieces and glued receipts and taped paper
a green moleskin for dreams

my pockets are full of napkins with doodles or receipts with ideas because i get lazy sometimes to get my book out of my bag or sometimes i don't even have it

bluaki

Sometimes when bored in classes, I write notes detailing features I plan to program when I get home. In this, I've written things like a byte-by-byte file format specification and a bizarre (for good reasons) set of connected data structures with a drawn web diagram giggle;

Other than that, maybe some of my scattered text files can be considered notes like this, but otherwise I don't really write any personal notes. I nearly never handwrite anything outside the classroom.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I have a moleskin that I use to draw in and jot down little things I think sound good.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

A disgustingly unorganized amount of it, yes.
I do the whole bullshit thing where I keep a little one next to my bed to quickly jot down my nightmares and interestingmares when I wake up in cold (or warm) sweats in the middle of the night (dawn) so I can use them somewhere.

Go Up