April 27, 2024, 08:26:58 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, December 10, 2011, 02:32:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

December 10, 2011, 02:32:08 PM Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 11:59:42 AM by Snowy

silvertone

isn't there a photography thread in irl land  confuseddood;

Also please Don't Take Pictures while Riding in a Car.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

for a little bit I experimented with pinhole photography

silvertone

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 10, 2011, 05:37:07 PM
for a little bit I experimented with pinhole photography
if you share your pinholes i will share my b&w as soon as the lady across the alaatnic posts them on her flickr

Quote from: silvertone on December 10, 2011, 05:40:06 PM
if you share your pinholes i will share my b&w as soon as the lady across the alaatnic posts them on her flickr
I might be able to do something. I need to digitize them first

silvertone

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 10, 2011, 05:45:22 PM
I might be able to do something. I need to digitize them first
i will waiting in my city on the hill.

snoorkel

here are some highlights from my Flickr:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=the best landscape i have ever taken][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler=i like these colors][/spoiler]
[spoiler=this one isn't really that good idk why im posting it][/spoiler]
[spoiler=old 35mm][/spoiler]

Quote from: steal on December 11, 2011, 12:12:36 AM
but idk im not super into photography anymore, i used to be. film is too expensive to keep doing + i no longer have dark room access and i never like hauling around my $800 digital slr b/c niggers

I hauled my $800 dslr into a fucking drain with applesauce once and dropped it into water. niggers. (yeah it was an awful idea but I'd done it a couple times before successfully it was an accident.)

so now I don't have a DSLR anymore because it was a gift a few years ago and I'm broke as fuck so fuckl me I'll probably never be abel to afford another one.

I still have my trusty Olympus omG (yes that is actually what it's called) 35mm though and I love it, b&w processing is a real treat and I been meaning to find a darkroom to use again, I have 6-7 undeveloped rolls from the past several months that probably have cool thins on them (also nekkie women too).

most colleges should have a dark room available for use. It shouldn't be hard to pass yourself off as a student (until they ask for id, in which case uh oh) but whatever.

Snorkel I really liked your photographs in urban settings. The one in the tunnel is really fantastic.

Nature landscapes I could never get into, be it photography or painting.

silvertone

snorkel i like the big landscape pictures and i normally Don't Like Landscapes unless it is something cool (9/11 photos, and those photos that guy used Tons of Toner where he was basically painting over his photos)

snoorkel

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 11, 2011, 06:01:14 AM
most colleges should have a dark room available for use. It shouldn't be hard to pass yourself off as a student (until they ask for id, in which case uh oh) but whatever.

Snorkel I really liked your photographs in urban settings. The one in the tunnel is really fantastic.

Nature landscapes I could never get into, be it photography or painting.

hay thanks. yeah, I thought about using the UofM's last year since I had an ID but never actually went there... but I never got around to it. I'm sure I could find something around here, west LA college is like .5 miles from me. I also have plans to get a house with a basement (or spare room) next year and build a little mini-darkroom in the corner.

Quote from: silvertone on December 11, 2011, 06:50:12 AM
snorkel i like the big landscape pictures and i normally Don't Like Landscapes unless it is something cool (9/11 photos, and those photos that guy used Tons of Toner where he was basically painting over his photos)

thanks, I take no credit, the beauty of Africa takes all the credit  lubdoods;

snoorkel

Quote from: steal on December 11, 2011, 10:12:50 PM
did you edit those photos via photoshop snorkel or did they just come out like that?

they're all pretty amazing, especially the cityscapes

they are all individually processed (ie not with some automated thing) 64-bit HDRIs merged from 15-20 exposures, then extensively curve- and level-adjusted to represent true colors (since hdr merges don't usually represent true colors). I had a pretty good process, which I've probably completely forgotten how to do by now  doodhuh;

Go Up