April 26, 2024, 10:56:27 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey can i upgrade my graphics

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, December 09, 2011, 07:00:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

also if i can upgrade plz post recommended card

LCK

you've got a pci express slot so go for it

As far as which card to choose, I dunno. I've been out of it for a few months with current gpu's, but I supposee any mid range AMD 6000 series card will do just fine

applesauce

December 09, 2011, 03:15:10 PM #3 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:23:21 PM by applesauce
You need to check and see if your power supply has any PCI 6 or 8 pin plugs first of all.

If it doesn't, but you have some free molex plugs (you probably do) then you need to make sure you get a GPU that comes with a molex to appropriate PCI power adapter.

I'm not sure what price range you're looking at, but for medium intensity gaming I would recommend either a GTS 450 or at GTX 550ti, at least from the Nvidia side. I have a 550ti and love it. So far I have yet to run into a situation where I can't play a game on high settings. The only time I've had trouble with a game was when I maxed out everything in JC2 just to see how well it did and it got kinda choppy.

Try to go with one of the better manufacturers: MSI, ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, or XFX are all great. Others can be hit and miss, IMO.

LCK

Quote from: applesauce on December 09, 2011, 03:15:10 PM
You need to check and see if your power supply has any PCI 6 or 8 pin plugs first of all.

not necessarily
granted, if he's going for more mid-high range it will definitely consume more power and need a plug
but just about anything will be an upgrade
my 5670 for example, requires no excess power and it is still a moderately efficient card
i'm not going to be maxing out crysis or anything, but i feel something along the lines of that may be something that he's looking for

snoorkel

for a small budget, this would be more than adequate and should plug in/setup easily: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130585

unless you're trying to play the latest games with super intense graphics or something.

Quote from: vziard on December 09, 2011, 09:09:59 PM
for a small budget, this would be more than adequate and should plug in/setup easily: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130585

unless you're trying to play the latest games with super intense graphics or something.
i just want to play tf2 and bastion

really bastion as I payed ten bucks for it and I can't play it due to an incompatible graphics card

snoorkel

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 09, 2011, 10:03:05 PM
i just want to play tf2 and bastion

really bastion as I payed ten bucks for it and I can't play it due to an incompatible graphics card

yeah, that should be fine for you then

Go Up