October 05, 2024, 04:35:29 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyrim General -- Fus Roh Dood!

Started by Thyme, November 01, 2011, 11:18:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on January 18, 2012, 12:22:14 PM
this game is fun and all but i don't think anyone at bethesda actually knows how to make a video game

i just think they really don't care about testing very much

pretty sure their main focus is constructing a massive world with a fuckton to do instead

and the game fucking rules so it's fine by me :3

ME##

Quote from: Kaz on January 18, 2012, 12:20:25 PM
it's actually the best light armor there is in oblivion. in skyrim, i think dragon plate armor is a bit better. i always thought it was interesting that it's called "glass armor" too, but "glass" actually means more than that breakable stuff your mirror is made out of, soo yeah.

it's implied in the games that the armor is plated with malachite. which is glassy in appearance when polished. but it's not actually a glass. so idk.

ohhh lol goowan
Quote from: Kaz on January 18, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

pretty sure their main focus is constructing a massive world with a fuckton to do instead

but imagine a world in which bethesda constructs a game world with a 'fuckton' of stuff that is technically sound

[spoiler]you know, like most other open world games[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

well to be honest, red dead redemption has thus far glitched more than skyrim for me n_u

so far, at least. i'm sure that'll change.

Andria

Quote from: Nyerp on January 18, 2012, 12:22:14 PM
this game is fun and all but i don't think anyone at bethesda actually knows how to make a video game
not that I'm making excuses for Bethesda, bbut having such a massive world like that is just a recipe for things going wrong.

ME##

Quote from: Kaz on January 18, 2012, 12:30:11 PM
well to be honest, red dead redemption has thus far glitched more than skyrim for me n_u

so far, at least. i'm sure that'll change.

the only glitch i had in rdr was a very minor collision detection mishap in blackwater, the rest was fine. 

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dovydas on January 18, 2012, 12:38:55 PM
the only glitch i had in rdr was a very minor collision detection mishap in blackwater, the rest was fine. 

similarly, i've only had minor mishaps in skyrim thus far. but i am playing the 360 version, so that helps. it's pretty shitty that bethesda released a gimped version on the ps3. but, idk. i think you're missing out by avoiding it. that's just me.

ME##

i'm not avoiding it forever.  i just want to see what bethesda breaks in the newest 'patch'  akudood;

InbredPsychosis

Skyrim hasn't glitched too badly for me. Besides the Giant clubbing you 500 feet into the air, my horse running off a ledge and climbing air before falling to it's death, the occasional game crash (which I fixed with a large address aware mod), it's been pretty stable. Oh yeah, sometimes dragons would fly really slowly then speed up really fast.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas gave me many more bugs over the time that I've played those games.
TAKE UR MEDICINE

Samus Aran

Quote from: InbredPsychosis on January 18, 2012, 12:48:57 PM
Besides the Giant clubbing you 500 feet into the air

Is this even a bug, though? I mean it seems to always happen, for me. I was beginning to think it was intentional.

Andria

Quote from: Kaz on January 18, 2012, 12:53:17 PM
Is this even a bug, though? I mean it seems to always happen, for me. I was beginning to think it was intentional.
it was originally a bug and they just kept it in I think

Samus Aran

Quote from: Echo Weiss on January 18, 2012, 12:57:28 PM
it was originally a bug and they just kept it in I think

lmao i love it

Thyme

Quote from: Kaz on January 18, 2012, 12:24:34 PM

finebyme2 5thgrade;

Nyerp

>thieves guild questline has me going back to markarth of all places

well fuck you too game

don't let's

oh my goodness, these pillars will not rotate

Travis

i've played this game like 4 times since i got it, how is this fun or playable? i don't get it

Go Up