April 27, 2024, 06:22:06 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

there isn't much to find in the area with all the dragon legs tbh. most of it is miscellaneous useless loot. might be a decent goodie or two, idr really.

most of the good loot is in the areas past that section.

Nyerp

that encounter with seath...LITERALLY artificial difficulty lmao

Samus Aran

The first one where you have no choice but to die? Guess it's Souls' take on obligatory impossible-at-first rpg bosses.

He's actually super easy once you fight him for real...unless you're trying to get his tail weapon.

Nyerp

most rpgs don't take away all your accumulated experience points when you die though n_u i cant wait to kill that asshole

Samus Aran

tru

thankfully when you replay it and you already know about that, you can put on a ring of sacrifice so when seath kills you, you'll retain your souls and humanity

Nyerp

tfw invaded right as i press the button to kindle a bonfire

Nyerp

beat seath first try. didn't even try to go for his tail since he spins around like he's on a record player. he had a really cool entrance, but it was weird that there was no fog door. confuseddood;

also the duke's archives were great so why did they have to spoil it with an area like crystal cave awdood;

Snowy

yeah, Crystal Caves were ass lol. Duke's Archives were fun though.

Samus Aran

i like crystal caves but it can be frustrating your first time lol

getting the blue slab, in particular, is completely nerve-wracking. you should've seen me and tec co-opping that part lmao

but yeah seath's tail is a pain because he spins and when you're behind him he likes to start slamming his tails around randomly and this does way, way more damage than any of his other attacks and can stunlock you so you simply die with no way to get away if you're unlucky enough to get hit multiple times.

Kalahari Inkantation

i've never been a fan of crystal caves

not only is it a pain because of the enemies and because instrumental platforms are completely invisible, but also the actual geometry on some of the bridges is so poorly designed that you can sometimes get pushed off them for absolutely no reason other than shoddily programmed collision detection

Nyerp

oh god there are like 3 separate fog doors to go through i cant handle new londo ruins its too spooky :'(

Nyerp

beat the four kings first try!!! i think 6 total had spawned in by the end lmao

Kalahari Inkantation

good job, it took me three or four attempts with them lol

Nyerp

September 11, 2015, 07:33:39 PM #568 Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:39:13 AM by Nyerp
wait WHOA i just found out that the only way to get that other primordial serpent to show up is if you beat 4 kings before you even place the lordessel in firelink altar??????? wtf

anyway time to do the dlc

Kalahari Inkantation

doesn't matter unless you're trophy hunting anyway lol

Go Up