April 28, 2024, 01:33:27 AM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, September 14, 2011, 09:24:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

yeah nito can be hard if you don't kill the skellies, pretty easy if you make sure to

btw there are giant skellies in the backside of the boss room, but as long as you never go over there they won't aggro so that also makes the fight easier

Nyerp

i had to kill all the skellies gonk;

Nyerp

beat the demon firesage. another rehash of the first boss. in an area where the design objective was "put 45 taurus and capra demons everywhere because FUCK you." great. (fuck the tauruses especially)

Samus Aran

lol yeah and there's that group of taurus demons that just happen to be guarding the large fire ember or whatever

demon ruins is a pretty lame area in general, thankfully it's small. so why does it have three bosses for being as small of an area as it is? who knows? all three of them are pretty lame though, firesage being the lamest since it's just a retread

Kalahari Inkantation

demon ruins and [glow=black,2,300]lost izalith[/glow] are probably the weakest areas in the game, ugly half-baked stains upon what is otherwise mostly brilliant level design

also, i stepped through nito's fog without having a divine weapon on me lol sillydood;

lucking his arena is just large enough that the skellies are easily avoided/managed, even if respawning

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on September 04, 2015, 10:31:57 PM
demon ruins and [glow=black,2,300]lost izalith[/glow] are probably the weakest areas in the game, ugly half-baked stains upon what is otherwise mostly brilliant level design

ahemmm......
don't forget shitetown

Kalahari Inkantation

shitetown is garbage, but at least it doesn't feel incomplete or like it was thrown together in the last few seconds of development

those other two area feel like they had the bare minimum amount of planning and effort put into them

Thyme

as far as cool areas go tho

sen's fortress y/n

Samus Aran

sen's fortress rules

my favorite part of the game is actually the entirety of the duke's archives/crystal cavern tho

ash lake is also really neat, weird how it's the only area of the game (other than firelink shrine) that has background music iirc

Nyerp

wow, centipede demon was fantastic. having to fight a boss entirely on the 3 feet of land in front of the fog door...from software really outdid themselves.

Samus Aran

there is a better area to fight him on where you have about twice as much room (well maybe). from the fog door hug the right wall, staying on as much land as possible. you will shortly reach an area of land that is optimal to fight on. you still gotta run through at least a little lava though so lol

the boss has a cool design but it's a lame fight any way you slice it

Nyerp

yeah i found out that area AFTER the boss fight lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on September 05, 2015, 03:12:06 AM
as far as cool areas go tho

sen's fortress y/n

i do like sen's funhouse

but by far my favorite area is the one immediately following it, anor londo lol

other top tier locations include the painted world, duke's archives, and ash lake

dlc areas are great too

Samus Aran

the whole dlc for dark souls is one of the best parts of the game in general. great new bosses, creepy new areas, some cool new weapons and a fantastic new heavy armor set, and the amazing ability to communicate with other players through the carvings

sadly, for the most part i was not nearly as enthusiastic about most of dark souls ii's dlc. while i enjoyed several of the bosses, several more of them were just a giant pain (hated all bosses in ivory king) or just plain boring (sunken crown dragon boss), and sunken king's area was...well, not fun. kind of a mixed bag, still worth playing all three tho, for the good bosses if nothing else

Nyerp

skipped most of lost izalith via the chaos servant shortcut and beat bed of chaos in 3 tries (1 for each "part"). sillydood; now to actually explore that hellhole of dragon asses

Go Up